GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To much hate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 20:10
Regular
Too much hate....

Bring back the love...

When I first found these forums, I loved them -

-the way memo would crush my ego to the ground.
-Borat and his amusing ways
-Dr. Duck and his wisdom...helping me with my exams...
-Mystique and her torrette syndrome for spontaniously screaming BOOBIES

Just a few to mention but lately alot of good ole members are fading away, I havent even written 1 review yet (i confess i am a complete chicken and try to start and scare myself)yet everyone had their own niceness about them..

But I look at this place...the arguments are no longer petty fun..The spamming, the hatred, the rivalry

GOD DaMmit!!

This thread is for pure love...

I love you guys...

*sobs*
Tue 22/07/03 at 17:15
"Mimmargh!"
The forums are like the Roman Empire. A lot of people joined to gain the wisdom and wealth (such as GAD) of the forums. These were held together by the aristocracy (the notables). Just like the Roman Empire by the 3rd Century AD the Forums are in terminal decline; barbarian migration from hoardes of users, economic decline as evidenced by the less and less notables posting and reduction of GAD.

Thus we should remember the good old days but get on with our lives and accept the inevitable fall of the forums as they become several differant barbarian nations still held roughly together by whats left of the forums (like the Papacy in Rome after the collapse of the Empire).
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
Actually lil ginge i seem to remember your baptism of fire, i seem to remember being nice to you while the majority of posters called you a man posing as a woman to win gad. I also seem to remember speaking in your defence telling everyone to give you a chance. an hour later everything was sorted and then you turned on me!

In truth the forums were at their best in there first summer 3 years ago then they went into decline. They did revive pretty well about 18 months ago when a lot of the spammers left but then a new wave hit and they took about 6 months to recover. Then when they got rid of gad 1 the spammers got even more annoying and more regulars couldn't be bothered and they haven't comeback which is why we are left in a state of general spam.
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I am clearly the glue that holds these forums together. Everything started going downhill soon after I moved to number 2 top poster in 30 days way back in march. Or possibly before that.
It's all my fault.. Or Laura's. You decide.
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:16
Regular
Do´h it´s posted now.
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:16
Regular
There is indeed to much hate. Why isn´t it posting?
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:15
Regular
There is indeed too much hate on these forums nowadays. I remember the old days when everyone respected each other.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:24
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> joining politcial movements is best done drunk.

Yes indeed then group love follows

*winks at Lil ginge
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:19
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
joining politcial movements is best done drunk.
Mon 21/07/03 at 22:59
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
*passes communal jug full of a potent vodka mix round the room

That should bring back the love, failing that it will be communal joint passing time
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:54
Im an oldi (kinda) love me, please........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.