GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come and get your copied PS2 games......"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/10/01 at 09:15
Regular
How many of you are reading this right now only to discover that I'm not here to sell or tell you about PS2 copied games?

Feeling a little cheated perhaps?
Have I misled you into thinking that you were going to get the thing you were actually looking for?

Well that's exactly how you may end up feeling if you get into the world of copied games.
Doesn't matter which format, PSone, Dreamcast or the current Holy Grail - PS2.

I've seen loads of copied games in my time (must be mixing with the wrong people) and most have been highly disappointing.

Most PSone games worked fine as they fitted onto an ordinary CD-rom disc but most Dreamcast titles couldn't physically fit on to a disc due to capacity differences.

This meant that you could lose video sequences, music pieces and even more. I remember seeing Soul Calibur and the copy was pointless. The in-fight music was choppy and video clips were ruined.

You're getting an inferior product for your money. Sure, it may only cost you a fiver for the disc and a photocopied sleeve but you're never going to get the same as the real thing.

No proper manual, no nice case and a dull looking sleeve.

Then there's the hardware issue. On the DC you could easily get games working via a boot disc and some games didn't even need that.

On others though you need to open your console and fit a chip.
Now if you're happy with that then go for it. If you damage the insides though forget any comeback. Your console is null and void and the only way you'll get a new one is by buying another.

OK so the PS2 is now down to £199 but for that you could buy at least 5 new games (or more if you're shopping on SR!!).

Let's not forget the industry either - perhaps the games prices are a little high but they're not going to get any lower if people are selling copied games thus preventing official sales.

Go ahead, get your copied games and enjoy them but you won't get the same as those who save, borrow and beg to get the genuine article.

Oh and if you wreck your PS2 by trying to save £35 on a copied game don't come crying to me - you've been warned.

MR.COATES
Thu 04/10/01 at 09:15
How many of you are reading this right now only to discover that I'm not here to sell or tell you about PS2 copied games?

Feeling a little cheated perhaps?
Have I misled you into thinking that you were going to get the thing you were actually looking for?

Well that's exactly how you may end up feeling if you get into the world of copied games.
Doesn't matter which format, PSone, Dreamcast or the current Holy Grail - PS2.

I've seen loads of copied games in my time (must be mixing with the wrong people) and most have been highly disappointing.

Most PSone games worked fine as they fitted onto an ordinary CD-rom disc but most Dreamcast titles couldn't physically fit on to a disc due to capacity differences.

This meant that you could lose video sequences, music pieces and even more. I remember seeing Soul Calibur and the copy was pointless. The in-fight music was choppy and video clips were ruined.

You're getting an inferior product for your money. Sure, it may only cost you a fiver for the disc and a photocopied sleeve but you're never going to get the same as the real thing.

No proper manual, no nice case and a dull looking sleeve.

Then there's the hardware issue. On the DC you could easily get games working via a boot disc and some games didn't even need that.

On others though you need to open your console and fit a chip.
Now if you're happy with that then go for it. If you damage the insides though forget any comeback. Your console is null and void and the only way you'll get a new one is by buying another.

OK so the PS2 is now down to £199 but for that you could buy at least 5 new games (or more if you're shopping on SR!!).

Let's not forget the industry either - perhaps the games prices are a little high but they're not going to get any lower if people are selling copied games thus preventing official sales.

Go ahead, get your copied games and enjoy them but you won't get the same as those who save, borrow and beg to get the genuine article.

Oh and if you wreck your PS2 by trying to save £35 on a copied game don't come crying to me - you've been warned.

MR.COATES
Thu 04/10/01 at 09:34
Regular
"Touched!"
I 100% agree with you on this, its not worth wrecking your £200 (£300 for some of us like me)piece of kit just so that you can play copied games, each year games companies lose massive amounts due to piracy, its not right and it should not be encouraged in any way.
Thu 04/10/01 at 11:02
Ha, and I was expecting the 'shut up moron, we all like cheap games' attitude.

Glad you agree.
Thu 04/10/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
I agree with ya totally, but i don't know if I'm the only one who's p***** off with how long we have to wait for all tha great games!?!

I mean tha US get MGS2 in Nov and we have to wait until next year!! What goes on with that, its not like they have to translate for us!! Its a simple port from NTSC to PAL!! Same with FFX, US gets it in January and we have to wait til the summer!!

You'll probably hate me for this, but I'm lookin at gettin my PS2 chipped, not to play chipped games. But the original imports. I know the new Neo 4 chip is capable, but theres no sign of it yet.

A friend of mine said that he's gettin an external mod that plugs into tha USB port, thus not invalidating the warranty.

But I'll believe that when I see it!!!
Thu 04/10/01 at 12:44
Regular
"  "
'shut up moron, we all like cheap games'
Thu 04/10/01 at 12:45
Regular
"  "
Only joking M8
Thu 04/10/01 at 13:06
LOL Natbuc!!!

Linksta - totally agree about import games - we do seem to get a raw deal most of the time.
I can't say I'd blame you for chipping to play imports.

God knows why they can't do what Nintendo have with the GBA, it's not like DVD's being regionally coded.

There's no need for it at all.

Obviously the GBA doesn't have to worry about NTSC issues but that's still not a problem for most people nowadays anyway.
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Da_Linksta wrote:

A friend of mine said that
> he's gettin an external mod that plugs into tha USB port, thus not invalidating
> the warranty.

But I'll believe that when I see it!!!

That true. My friend has a PS2 and someone came over his house with that external chip. He played import Res Evil X. So I am waiting for that as well.
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
MR.COATES wrote:
>Ha, and I was expecting the 'shut up moron, we all like >cheap games' attitude.

>Glad you agree.

I agree with you as well, I remember when I had my PSx my mate got his chipped and bleated on about cheap games, copied games "you should get yours chipped I can get you any game you want for £xx" I refused and always will do, I support the games industry and so should every true games fan.

As has been discussed in previous topics, the more people that bought games paying proper prices would help lower the cost of the games of the future.

My mate asked me the other day how easy it would be to copy PS2 games (DVD) as his brother and next door neighbour both have rewritable DVD's in their computers, to this I said you could probably do it but your on your own there and I will offer no assistance whatsoever in this practise!

I just wish other people had the same mentality!!
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I absoluty agree, no one should even think about chipping there PS2, not only does void your warranty, its seriously damages the industry.

Dont do it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.