GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Style Sheets"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/10/01 at 23:22
Regular
Can anyone tell me a good place to learn a little more advance stuff about Style Sheets???

Thank you...
Thu 04/10/01 at 23:39
Regular
I think the best style thing is changing the colour of the scrollbars.

Lots of websites are starting to do this, and it can look very effective if the appropriate colours are used.

----

This is the code:

----

Change the colours about to suit your webpage.

Trust me, you have to try this!
Thu 04/10/01 at 23:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Try this code for size:

You can change anything to suit you - just be aware that not all visitors will have obscure fonts. The 'a:hover' doesn't work in Netscape either, so don't rely on them.

Put it under your tag to apply the format to the page. You can use a .css file to apply it to all the pages in you site, but I can't remember how to do that.

It's pretty self explanatory. For the '.classexample' bit, type 'class="classexample"' within the element that you want it applied to.

Hope that helps
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thanx Everyone....
Thu 04/10/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Allo tyla...
Thu 04/10/01 at 14:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Personally I would avoid anything that involves using MSFrontPage. Dreamweavers CSS handling is excellent and easy to pick up and covers most of the abilities of CSS1, CSS2 and some CSS3.

As a suggestion, I would research whihc elements work where first. NS6 supports CSS very well, IE5 not so well, V4 browsers...mmmm, you will learn.

If you really want to get into hand coding CSS try getting HTMLKit (Freeware) as this has an awsome authoring environment for CSS as well as a built in CSS validator.

Have fun
Thu 04/10/01 at 13:53
Regular
""
M$ Frontpage and Dreamweaver have them built in.

Both are pretty simple to use. It's just a case of defining the Style, and applying it to your text or whatever.
Thu 04/10/01 at 10:45
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
webmonkey.com
Wed 03/10/01 at 23:22
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Can anyone tell me a good place to learn a little more advance stuff about Style Sheets???

Thank you...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.