GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A few changes round 'ere"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 11:06
Regular
Hi there,

I'm about to make a few changes to the forums, namely renaming a few, streamlining a couple and getting rid of the dead wood. So, as of today, the forums will be as follows:

Future of Gaming (Chat)
Future of Gaming (Intelligent Discussion)

General Chit Chat (New)
Life and Everything (Intelligent Discussion)

PC Gaming
Internet, Computing and Freeola (the old Web Design forum)

Microsoft Xbox
Sony (Psone, PS2, PSP and PS3)
Nintendo (GameCube and GBA)

Sport
WWE Wrestling (*sigh*)

Movies, Music, TV and Books

Classic Games and Consoles

----------------------------

Much like some cruel Big Brother, this means the end of the Dreamcast forum (sob sob, off to the Classic Consoles forum you go) and the Long, Interesting and Amusing Stories forum (not like anyone ever used it anyway). You've got until Monday to say your goodbyes.

And now you've got a General Chit Chat forum, that means no more crap in the Life or Music forums, there's a general area for nonsensical babblings now so I suggest you use it. Whereas the Life forum can still be used for interesting posts like what monkey_man had for dinner or what Sheepy did last night, I suggest using the Chat forum for 'who likes this' or 'my mate dun this' type gibberish. Happy? This will also be like a meeting point, so your general chatty threads can go in here, as well as your longest threads etc. It's the crap forum for everything basically.

So, if anyone feels like having a huge benny at the changes then feel free, if you're really REALLY upset about something then post in here and I may just listen. And please, no 'we should have a forum for X, Y and Z' moaning because I've made up my mind. The forums above will, in my opinion, work better than the existing lot and there's less of them, which is a good thing. Hopefully I'll get round to making a few other changes soon too.

*awaits the inevitable ranting*
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:39
Regular
"not dead"
It's gone now.

I didn't realise it was going until I saw it was gone, so I asked on the customer service forum, but then saw this thread.

D'oh.

Sorry. :o(
Wed 30/07/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I thought you were getting rid of the storied forum.

*looks again*

nope its still there.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Mr Snuggly wrote:

> You've got until Monday to say your goodbyes.

Which Monday exactly are you talking about?
Sat 26/07/03 at 23:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Snuggly, would it not be better to change the link on www.ukchatforums.com "Go straight to the chat" to lead to the general chat forum, rather than FOG?
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:26
Regular
Oops. On the first message it said there was a problem, so I changed it a bit.
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:25
Regular
*Salutes the Long, Interesting and Amusing Stories forum goodbye*
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:24
Regular
*Salutes the Long, Interesting and Amusing Stories forum*
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Yay! Some changes!
>
> I think you should have individual 'exclusive' clubs like JAT, n00b,
> Regular and Notable forums. GENIUS!!!!!!!

A JAT forum would be interesting reading.....

'Hi I'm new today! How do things work round here?'

'Really? I'm new today too.'

'Well, it's nearly 24hrs since joining now so I'll have to start posting elsewhere. Bye!'
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:16
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
VenomByte wrote:
> now that there's a special one just for the crap (sorry, general chat).

No, no, you were right first time :D
Wed 23/07/03 at 12:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Where's my forum then? Lying toe-rag. I'd never have done those things if I knew that you were going to renege on the deal.

The sagacious lounge for nimble young totty forum, has to be established.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.