GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Doom 3 or Quake 4 this year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 13:18
Regular
Activision have said in their yearly annual reports that these two games won't be out until next year (Doom 3 in Q1, Quake 4 in Q2). Which is sad but I'm sure they'll be well worth the wait, still got Half Life 2, and UT 2004 to look forward to later this year
Fri 25/07/03 at 14:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think it's too early for Half-Life 2 mods yet, as far as I'm aware, Valve haven't even released the designing gear required to mod. Even when they do I'd say it'd be a fair while before we get to see the proper, professionally made mods we are all looking forward to, such as sequels to already popular HL modifications. Still I may be wrong, in fact I hope I am, I'm just dying to see what may become of Day of Defeat, Team Fortress and even counter Strike.

As for Doom 3 and Quake 4, well I was expecting news like this. Quake 4 was obviously going to be released next year, the fact that the developers have only just released post production models and aren't ready for any actual screenshots or movies suggested that it's still got a long way to go before it's finished.

And Doom 3, well I heard news a few months back that it's be put back till next year so it's didn't surprise me one bit when we got the official confirmation. And to be honest, I think Id know they'd have some pretty strong competition from the likes of Half-Life 2 if they did release it this year.
Thu 24/07/03 at 19:25
Regular
"I see you"
Icarus wrote:
> I can't wait to mod some levels for Half Life 2.

You'll be able to do this before the actual game is released as they are releasing the mods before hand so that there will be mods ready for the games release. Well that's the info i've heard on the grapevine.
Thu 24/07/03 at 02:06
I can't wait to mod some levels for Half Life 2.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:54
Regular
I just started Half-Life again, ahhhhhhhhhh........."Drools over his keyboard".
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:45
Regular
"I see you"
Lugwig wrote:
>Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2, aaahhhhhhh............. *drools all over his keyboard*
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:41
Regular
At least we still have Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex 2.
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:32
Regular
"I see you"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I've seen screenshots of Unreal Tournament 2004: Very similar to UT
> 2003, apart from slightly better graphics, and some new environments.
> It was in some PC gaming magazine recently; don't ask me which one!

PC Zone.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've seen screenshots of Unreal Tournament 2004: Very similar to UT 2003, apart from slightly better graphics, and some new environments. It was in some PC gaming magazine recently; don't ask me which one!
Wed 23/07/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Activision have said in their yearly annual reports that these two games won't be out until next year (Doom 3 in Q1, Quake 4 in Q2). Which is sad but I'm sure they'll be well worth the wait, still got Half Life 2, and UT 2004 to look forward to later this year

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.