GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Carmageddon for PS2 (ish)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'roadkill'.
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:17
Regular
Well it ain't Carmageddon at all actually, but hey. In the newest PSM2 DVD there is a video for a game called 'Roadkill'

For fans of the Carmageddon series this should be good news because it is the same basic idea. It has the same freedom as GTA with some huge cities apparently, but you can equip your motor with missiles, rockets and all sorts of explosive thingies. And instead of Zombies, you get to squish people. It's like a mix of GTA, Vigilante 8 and Carmageddon, those seem like some really good ingredients to me.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:36
Regular
I aren't interested in GT4 at all. The Gran Turismo series ended about half way through GT3 for me. I did battle on until the end but I simply wasn't fun after I had unlocked the F1 car. I am only really interested in F-Zero, Mario Kart and Project Gotham Racing 2.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:34
Regular
This is coming out on all consoles. It looks quite promising,won't hold my breath though as it's being published by Midway.

What we really need is a proper Carmageddon game on Xbox that you take on Live for 16 player smash up fun.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I was actually really looking forward to GT4, but it's just the same game with better graphics, that's all. So I'm just after MGS3 now, and any new GTA games. But if Microsoft have managed to get Vice City on X-Box, and then maybe they can get GTA3 ported too, I will get rid of my PS2.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:17
Regular
I am just getting some of the back log which I owned or some the exclusives that I didn't. For the rest of this year I can't see me getting a PS2 game that hasn't already been released before this date.
Thu 24/07/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just noticed this due to the fact that there isn't much coming out for the PS2 that catches my attention, there are a few good games coming out, don't get me wrong, but I was looking for something new and a little different, this particular title stands out for me. It may even get a multi-format release but I'm not sure.
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:58
Regular
Not really my type of game at all but due to the price of TM:B I thought it might be worth a look. Can't say as I have high or low hopes as with this style of game I would prefer to just let the gameplay shine through without making any pre-judgements.
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> imoprtantly

What the heck was that...

Importantly*

(I think) :l
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I've just played the demo of Twisted Metal, and from what I saw, Roadkill looks as if it'll be better. It just seems to be a more simpler driving/shooting/squishing kinda game and most imoprtantly, it looks like good fun.

You can even snipe the peds from your car, just thought I'd add that.

:)
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Twisted Metal Black similar? I didn't pick this up first time around but I am thinking of getting it now as I have seen it very cheap in Gamestation.
Thu 24/07/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well it ain't Carmageddon at all actually, but hey. In the newest PSM2 DVD there is a video for a game called 'Roadkill'

For fans of the Carmageddon series this should be good news because it is the same basic idea. It has the same freedom as GTA with some huge cities apparently, but you can equip your motor with missiles, rockets and all sorts of explosive thingies. And instead of Zombies, you get to squish people. It's like a mix of GTA, Vigilante 8 and Carmageddon, those seem like some really good ingredients to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.