GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG suggestions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/07/03 at 14:50
Regular
I want to buy a new RPG for the PS2 but haven't a clue what game to get. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what RPG you think is worth getting, not counting any of the Final Fantasy series because I have them all.

Cheers.
Sat 26/07/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I want to buy a new RPG for the PS2 but haven't a clue what game to get. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what RPG you think is worth getting, not counting any of the Final Fantasy series because I have them all.

Cheers.
Sat 26/07/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wild Arms 3 is a very good game but if you don't like Cel-shaded graphics then it's not for you.
It's your usual RPG. Turn based fighting, involving story explaining the characters past and other things and trying to kill bad guys threatening to take over the world
Sat 26/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Grandia 2- its very good and has all the qualities of a great RPG, great suroundings, excellent storyline and perfect graphics.

Bckpac
:>P
Sat 26/07/03 at 16:28
"period drama"
Grandia 2's alright, but can get extremely frustrating at times - the bloody camera angle for one - you can't see 3 feet infront of you!
Excellent story, though.
Sat 26/07/03 at 16:30
"period drama"
Dark Chronicle is supposed to be excellent, but I've not played it yet. Hack-n-slash battles - not turn-based.

Same goes for Kingdom Hearts.
Sat 26/07/03 at 19:46
Regular
"accidental superher"
dark chronicle isn't out yet is it??
wild arms 3 and grandia 2 are alright...but compared to squaresoft games they are merely "alright"
grandia 2 has a pretty cool battle system BUT it's such an easy game and there's a lack of variety in enemies.
Sun 27/07/03 at 02:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Lindgren wrote:
> I want to buy a new RPG for the PS2 but haven't a clue what game to
> get. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what RPG you think is worth
> getting, not counting any of the Final Fantasy series because I have
> them all.
>
> Cheers.

Kingdom Hearts
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Drakkan: The Ancients' Gates

And if you fancy something TOTALLY different...

Ring of Red.
Sun 27/07/03 at 02:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
(Just get any old RPG till EverQuest Online Adventures gets released, you won't need another one after that).
Sun 27/07/03 at 11:53
"period drama"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Ring of Red.

Possibly the best game name ever.
Hur hur hur
Sun 27/07/03 at 18:41
Regular
I can't wait for the Yu-Gi-Oh game. Hopefully it will be as good as the TV series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.