GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are critics importent?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/07/03 at 12:15
Regular
somtimes, i think to myself why are the critics who write all stuff about games in magazine like Official Playstation 2 Magazine and Official GameCube Magazine, given the oppotuntiy to write about games when they dont even have a proper background, ok so some of tehm have done work in newpapers, but none of them are real gamers, so i was thinking, why do they get to play all the new games and write about them? i think true gamers like us should be able to do that. people who live for games should be able to make a living from games.
i would prefer to actually make teh games myself, but for people like you, you should really consider writing some stuff about games, and sending them into the compoany which makes the magazine (like sony or nintendo) and see if they publish them. (if you want i can give you the address as i have it written down - and used it a number of times!)
good luck you future games journalists!
what do you think of my points? i think it would be a good idea, maybe not everyone is good enough for magazines, but im sure we can talk and i can give some help (or vice versa - joke!)
look forward to hearing your response
Sun 27/07/03 at 16:43
Regular
You ain't seen some of the Action Replay forum members...

Sun 27/07/03 at 16:43
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
IF ONLY he'd left out the 'r' in the title. That would have been hilarious.
Sun 27/07/03 at 16:41
Regular
Thats it though, it just isn't that funny now. Its so obvious that it is a regular just setting up this account to keep everyone entertained over the summer. If it was someone being genuine then it would be very funny. However I just can't see how someone could be so mentally retarded as to post things like this.
Sun 27/07/03 at 16:40
Regular
Professor Griff wrote:
> somtimes, i think to myself why are the critics who write all stuff
> about games in magazine like Official Playstation 2 Magazine and
> Official GameCube Magazine, given the oppotuntiy to write about games
> when they dont even have a proper background,

A proper background? Please elaborate.

ok so some of tehm have
> done work in newpapers,

Proper journalist background.

but none of them are real gamers,

You mean they're made of plasticine?

so i was
> thinking, why do they get to play all the new games and write about
> them?

Because they're journalists.

i think true gamers like us should be able to do that.

We do - when they're released. There's plenty of places to review new games, ukreviews.com is one of them.

people
> who live for games should be able to make a living from games.

Mixing work and pleasure ain't always a good thing.

> i would prefer to actually make teh games myself,

Learn to spell first.

but for people like
> you, you should really consider writing some stuff about games, and
> sending them into the compoany which makes the magazine (like sony or
> nintendo) and see if they publish them.

Most companies give the standard "We appreciate your efforts and hard work, but..."

(if you want i can give you
> the address as i have it written down - and used it a number of
> times!)

'Address'? You mean Nintendo and Sony HO are in the same place?

All a games journalist needs to have is a liking for playing games, opinions and decent writing skills. Ofcourse, NOM, Xbox Gamer and OPSM2 writers seem to lack atleast one of these skills each.
Sun 27/07/03 at 16:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This is so......I don't know how to describe it....

Just funny!
Sun 27/07/03 at 13:04
Regular
It is a regular taking the peece. He isn't really funny any more because I convinced its just a regular being an idiot.
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:31
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I have a feeling that this dude is some regular of this site taking
> the pish.

*Looks in NASH's direction*
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:22
Regular
An why don't gamers write for games magazines? Retard.
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:20
Regular
I have a feeling that this dude is some regular of this site taking the pish.
Sun 27/07/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Festivus!"
you know all the people who write in games mags? You can't generalise and expect to be taken seriously.

And here, use some of these:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.