GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Desert Storm 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Mon 28/07/03 at 00:16
Regular
I loved the original, and I can't wait for this.

But the thing is, yet again, SCi are releasing the game on the Gamecube nearly three months after it gets a PC, PS2 and Xbox release. Now I suppose we should be happy as we're going to be getting the AI improvements and better graphics, etc, and on the whole a more improved version of the game, but this proves that SCi are doing what an awful lot of companies are doing with their multiformat releases these days; holding the GC versions back.

Why? I don't know. But Conflict Desert Storm, Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, Burnout 2, and plenty of others have been released later on the Cube than anything else. It's annoying.

Anyway, I've strayed off the original subject, and this post seems to be leading nowhere, and I don't really know why I decided to make it.

So, go and watch the video.

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5017

I want this game now.
Tue 29/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Checking Cube-Europe, though, it now seems that Conflict 2 for the Gamecube is being released alongside the other versions now.

Cube-Europe have it down for a 26th September release, rather than the late-November one they had a few days ago. SCi have done the correct thing? I hope so.
Mon 28/07/03 at 22:32
Regular
It's looking amazing and they've definately improved the graphics. I hope it comes with GC link up or something that'll allow you to play it on 2 TV's. One of the problems with the first is that when playing with 4 ppl, the screens are too small for all the detail and enemies can be sometimes arkward to see.
Mon 28/07/03 at 22:06
Regular
I put the delays to one of two reasons:

1. The developers have to have the games created on discs provided by Nintendo - not just the source code, and therefore it takes longer to publish.

2. They don't see Nintendo's Gamecube as a strong enough console to give a priority release when making multiformat titles.
Mon 28/07/03 at 21:52
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
woot! I got the GC version now. It is so hard.. Specially when my sister tries to use the irag leader guy on the second level as a decoy for the tanl >.<
Mon 28/07/03 at 18:32
Regular
"8==="
Perhaps Microsoft are paying for the Xbox versions to come out earlier than the GC ones?
Mon 28/07/03 at 12:14
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> Word has it Microsoft is paying them to delay gamecube releases

No. That's illegal.
Mon 28/07/03 at 10:40
Regular
I'll be getting it on Xbox, the Cube version comes out in November so it's very unlikely to have any improvements at all.
Mon 28/07/03 at 03:08
Regular
That's the good side of waiting some extra time.
Mon 28/07/03 at 01:11
Regular
"8==="
§niper wrote:
> Perhaps we will get the best version though

Hopefully. I won't be getting the Xbox version if the GC version is rumoured to have improvements.

I have the original on xbox but I still might get the GC version too as it's so full of improvements.
Mon 28/07/03 at 01:06
Regular
Yeah, CDS1 was crap on ps2 and x-box but we had to wait longer but got a better version :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.