GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't even dare to try and quote me..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/10/01 at 20:32
Regular
But Shenmue 3 may have just been confirmed on the Gamecube. I saw an October next year for Japan... but I'm still digging...

(Wow. It's been a while since we went news hunting. Fun to be back on track again, ain't it?)

Yeah... what's it been? A year?

(Just about.)

Wow.
Wed 03/10/01 at 14:22
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I hope shenmue 3 is multi platform ie on all of the nex gen michines, as I am a keen follower of shenmue and would hate to buy a console soley for one game!!
Wed 03/10/01 at 13:45
"My source tells me that 'Shenmue 3 may have just been confirmed on the Gamecube'"

© 2001 - Grix Thraves
Wed 03/10/01 at 13:38
"possibly impossible"
My source tells me that 'Shenmue 3 may have just been confirmed on the Gamecube'

Oh wait.

That was Grix, wasn't it?

Foiled again!
Wed 03/10/01 at 12:55
Regular
Yu Suzuki said (www.tendobox.com quoted him word for word a month back) something along the line of (I can't remember the exact words):

The the Gamecube impressed him much, much more than the other two consoles and he couldn't wait to code on it.

Shenmue might just make it.

They also mentioned about Square making an announcement soon about the Gamecube but nothing so far.

It'll be like the Capcom announcement.

Promised, nothing, people give up hope then out of the blue... 6 GC exclusive Resident Evil games.

I'm hoping that Hideo Kojima (I think that's the Konami geezer's name) and Squaresoft make announcements just as exciting.
Tue 02/10/01 at 21:13
Regular
I remember AM2 saying something about how the Gamecube is good. Or something.

Square I thought were helping the Japanese voiceovers... nothing else, but I could be wrong.

Porting from Gamecube to PS2 would be difficult, but not the other way around.

And err... many things are supposed to be exclusive, but they end up not.

In other news:

This rumour comes direct from the same mouth as someone who told of Capcom making a big announcement. I think that's pretty good then.

We'll just have to wait and see though. T'id would be nice, but I'll be quite content if someone official told us that it's wrong.
Tue 02/10/01 at 21:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Frankly Grix I don't give a damn ;-)
Tue 02/10/01 at 20:54
Regular
Actually Grix may be right i did minor research into both.

Negotiations between Square and Nitnendo may of stopped with Square publishing Star Wars rougue leader in Japan, hmm working with Nintendo ah?

Oh and as for Shenmue 3 well Sega was apparently making the sereis X-box only but after another talk with Nitnendo all theya nnounced was Shenmue 2 for X-box especially as they will also be Dreamcast bound so they are exclusive!
Tue 02/10/01 at 20:54
Regular
i just saw today, for the first time, the last raven blade video.

Why in gods name was this game canned? It looked like the best thing coming to the Gamecube.
Tue 02/10/01 at 20:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
Nintendo should get kingdom hearts, It's a children's version of Final Fantasy with get this, Dumbo, Goofy, Donald Duck and many more.

Arrrgggghhh keep it away!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 02/10/01 at 20:49
Regular
I thought all the chapters of Shenmue were x-box exclusives?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.