GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola please explain CLEARLY the new -f changes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/03/07 at 15:45
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Can you explain to all the dis-gruntled / confused / loyal customers EXACTLY how to implement these new changes YOU have implemented.

We all know there have been and still are problems but this is impacting badly on US - YOUR customers and of course then on to OUR customers.

This is extremely embarassing for us trying to explain why things are not working or arriving and how to rectify it when I don't know myself !!!!!.

FEEDBACK ASAP PLEASE FREEOLA.

Dan
Wed 21/03/07 at 17:04
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Is the address that you specify as the From and -f values the same as the recipient e-mail that you mentioned below?
Wed 21/03/07 at 16:18
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi Loki

I have now made the -f changes (to my .php script) suggested by you below, tested all forms at 11 am this morning and still none have arrived ??.

The contact form html only has:
as the .php has the process / req'd info in it to validate form.

They have been sent to Freeola address on my control panel and specified in .php as: [email protected]

Is there still a backlog or what is the current situation, please advise.

Dan
Tue 20/03/07 at 17:57
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
UPDATED VERSION:

OK. Please try changing the section that currently reads:

mail($mailto, $subject, $messageproper,
"From: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "Reply-To: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "X-Mailer: chfeedback.php 2.07" );

To:

mail($mailto, $subject, $messageproper, "From: \"$name\" <$mailto>" . $headersep . "Reply-To: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "X-Mailer: chfeedback.php 2.07", '-f '.$mailto );

Basically, the FROM and -f parameters need to be a valid Freeola-hosted e-mail address. So you'll need to make sure that $mailto complies with this, or replace this variable with a valid address in the From and -f sections. If they aren't set to valid Freeola hosted addresses, then the script won't work.
Tue 20/03/07 at 17:27
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Thanks for looking in loki.

The details of my .php are on the other thread:

Link to Freeola website chat

I don't know if you put the -f thing in form itself or in the .php script, the example on the Freeola page doesn't look like anything I currently use as all E mail / recipient / confirmation page info is contained in the .php so not visible in the contact form source code.

any help appreciated.

Dan
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:44
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
If you can post an example of your code, I'll get one of our Systems Team to take a look at it for you and advise accordingly.
Tue 20/03/07 at 15:45
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Can you explain to all the dis-gruntled / confused / loyal customers EXACTLY how to implement these new changes YOU have implemented.

We all know there have been and still are problems but this is impacting badly on US - YOUR customers and of course then on to OUR customers.

This is extremely embarassing for us trying to explain why things are not working or arriving and how to rectify it when I don't know myself !!!!!.

FEEDBACK ASAP PLEASE FREEOLA.

Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.