GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout Question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout'.
Wed 30/07/03 at 09:50
Regular
Have any of you got (or played) both Burnout 1 & 2? The reason I ask is because the Woolworths near me has got 2 Xbox games for £30, and I was going to get Burnout and Quantum Redshift.

However, if Burnout 2 is MUCH better than the first, then I may well just buy that at full price. I know that 2 has the online scoreboards, but I don't have Live, so that makes no difference to me.

What I don want to know is how much bigger/better Burnout 2 is over the original.

Cheers.
Fri 01/08/03 at 09:34
Regular
Cheers for the info lads, I'll have a look around this weekend and see what I can pick up.

:-)
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Burnout 2, simply because it's easily better than the other two games suggested, and there's also more to do.
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Go for Burnout 2 YH. Quantum Redshift is good and of course the first Burnout game had its fans. But the sequel is a much better buy than the other two put together.

One of the best things I love about the game has to be the pursuit mode - when playing with a friend. ;-) Its like taking part in one of those cop shows you see on TV. ;-))

But even that aside, theres plenty to enjoy in the game and its challenging enough to keep you busy for awhile. :-)
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
Burnout 2 is short lived as are Burnout 1 and Quantum Redshift.

If you're a solitary gamer i'd suggest getting Burnout 1 and Quantum Redshift.

If you like beating your records etc these games'll last you quite a bit. If you get bored after you've unlocked everything. you'll finish burnout 1 quite quickly but quantum Redshift is a tough nut to crack to get everything.

If you like your multiplayer then I would suggest getting Burnout 2 for the 2 player races and 4 player crash mode. Although 4 player Quantum Redshift is also good.
Thu 31/07/03 at 00:40
Regular
I'd reccommend Burnout 2. It's great fun, if a little short lived.
Wed 30/07/03 at 15:30
Regular
Its brilliant. The crashing mode (what ever it is called) is alot better than the first one and you can have hours of fun on it. Over all it is alot better. To put it this way if you liked the first one you will like this one alot more.
Wed 30/07/03 at 14:15
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
Burnout 2 is awesome and that's all I'm gonna say.
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:20
Regular
The basis of the game can be completed in a weekend though and I didn't enjoy it enough to want to go through the crash junctions etc. Its good whilst it lasts but its over far too quickly. Out of the 3 I had ear marked (Def Jam, Burnout 2 and NBA Street 2) the one I least expected to appeal on a long term basis - NBA Street 2 - ended up the one I enjoyed the most.
Wed 30/07/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Burnout 2 is much better - I had the original on Gamecube, 2 on Xbox, you can customise soundtracks, pursuit mode, ton's of race modes, crash mode, plenty of cars and unlockables etc Worth the cash.
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:41
Regular
Quantum Redshift is really terrible, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.