GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What game? theres so many"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 12:43
Regular
On saturday i should be getting an xbox. The deal comes with any 3 game from a certain price range (which i have forgotten). I have at least £100 to spend on other games. From experience hat game are the best for the xbox at the moment. I know that i am going to buy halo. But i cant decide what other games to buy. So can i have your advice on a list of good games that would roughly cost £100. Cheers
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well some shops are doing Summer sales so it all depends where you're buying from. Going on games that I doubt are part of you're package, I'd go for games like these (this is taking away any summer sale prices)...

Phantom Crash
NBA Street 2
Project Gothem Racing

Basically look at getting 2 full price games and one from the £20 range such as PGR or Dead Or Alive 3. You could even pay out for 5 £20 games, but not all of them may be to your taste. Don't bother with Moto GP or Burnout as the sequels are available and they're much better.

Heres the full price games you should look at...
Splinter Cell
NBA Street 2
Phantom Crash
Moto GP 2
Brute Force
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Burnout 2
Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb

And heres the £20 titles...
Project Gothem Racing
Dead Or Alive 3
Amped
Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Try shopping around a bit though mate cause I've seen so many excellent deals over the past few weeks and you could really end up kicking yourself if you don't look at the various prices. With the Summer sales and £100 in your pocket, you could come away pretty happy. :-)
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:33
Regular
"8==="
I have no idea what games you like so I've divided them up into a few categories:

FPS myltiplayer godliness: Brute Force, Halo, Red Faction 2

Longevity: Morrowind, Baldurs Gate, Phantom Crash

Mental Multiplayer: Whacked, Timesplitters 2, State of Emeregency

Enjoyable Racers: Project Gotham Racing, Burnout 2, Quantum Redshift

Ones not to buy EVER: Legends of Wrestling 1 or 2,
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:30
Regular
What did they give it?
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
X Gamer's Brute Force Review.

'nuff said.
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:22
Regular
Pfft.

Xbox Gamer's better than the biased nutcases that write the Official mag.
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yup, what those two said. You're getting Halo and three other games. Give them a good play - prices can only drop in the meantime and theres plenty of games to come soon.

Also consider - if your tv supports it - an official scart cable to improve picture quality, and a DVD Remote handset. Might also be an idea to buy an Xbox Magazine like the official one to get an idea of what past review scores are like for games and what's coming up in the future. Don't buy XGamer though, despite the semi naked ladies on the cover...
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:12
Regular
Maverick has a point, save some cash for the upcoming months.
Thu 31/07/03 at 13:09
Regular
Look, mate, if you're only going to have £100 after you buy your Xbox, you may as well just buy a few games and then save the rest for the slew of amazing titles that'll be coming around Christmas time. I know you're excited about a new machine and everything, but you really will kick yourself if you're out of money when the likes of Knights Of The Old Republic, Deus Ex 2, Half-Life 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, etc arrive.

Anyway, I'd say Halo and Morrowind are musts - and I'd heartily recommend Burnout 2 and Jedi Knight 2. Project Gotham Racing's worth a good look, though I've decided I can hang on for the sequel, and definately see if you can snap up Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. If you don't like that, then Hitman 2 and Splinter Cell are alternatives.

But as I say, don't go crazy, things are going to start getting very good very soon - save some.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:50
Regular
Its a good time to get an Xbox as at the moment there isn't anything worth getting for a couple of months. That means you can pick up the games you have missed in between. A few games you should consider from my point of view are:

Project Gotham Racing - £19.99
Max Payne - £14.99
Oddworld: Munchs Oddysee - £14.99
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding - £14.99
Dead or Alive 3 - £14.99
Buffy: Vampire Slayer - 14.99
Morrowind - £18.99

That comes to £113.93!

A good mixture of games + Halo will keep you going until September when more big hitters arrive. You could consider Jet Set Radio Future, Mech Assault, Sega GT 2002, Splinter Cell, NBA Street 2 amongst a few others. Aside from NBA Street 2 the others can be picked up for under £20 in most shops.
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:47
Regular
Hitman 2 £20
Serious Sam £10
Wolfenstein £30
Jet Set Radio Future £15
Project Gotham Racing £15
The Thing £10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.