GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 12:54
Regular
I will soon have a rather large sum of money.
Somewhere in the region on £800.
Now I am taking my girlfriend to Paris, buying a fridge (possibly the little one from SR) and adopting a loris from London Zoo.
But that leaves me with about £500 at least to spend, if not £600.
So should I get an Xbox?
I already have Splinter Cell on GC and any mulitformat games I would just buy on that.
Should I use some of my money on an box?
Sat 02/08/03 at 12:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It was never really an either/or situation.
It was always an "I'm going to Paris and if I have enough money I'll buy and Xbox and Halo" situation.
Sat 02/08/03 at 11:15
Regular
Halo's highly overrated and Paris has French people. Though going there with your lady will result in muchos grande nights of passion and stuff....paris not Halo.
Sat 02/08/03 at 01:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halos poo.

Paris on the other hand.

Wooo!

Go to Mon Matre, the church on the hill.

Called something important, but o la la!

And the islands on the Seine, right in the middle.

I love Paris.
Sat 02/08/03 at 01:24
Regular
Edgy, there's a word for you.

It's called a spoilsport! :-P

What people say on here probably won't make a blind bit of difference, but hey, why spoilt the fun? :-)
Sat 02/08/03 at 00:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
All I wanted was for some more information. I knew about Halo etc but I wanted to know more about future prospects, and everyone was very helpful.
Fri 01/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
My logic is this:

According to his original question, he has some spare cash lying around and wants to know if he should get an Xbox.

The only way he could truly be sure of a decision is to ask himself, "Do I want an Xbox?"

If so, then get one by all means.

If not, then why did you ask us in the first place.

I personally believe that djerrud will get one. Why? Because this topic suggests keen interest in the console, a symptom of want.

If he wants, and has the money, chances are he'll get.
Fri 01/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
Mutant guy likes testicles.

Stewed testicles.

T'is true.
Fri 01/08/03 at 23:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't understand what Mutant_guy's on about either.
Fri 01/08/03 at 23:02
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> IF you have to ask us whether or not you want one, then maybe you
> shouldn't bother.

Heh!

The comments get better as the days go on. Just because he wants advice on a console automatically means that he shouldn't get one? There doesn't seem to be any sense or logic applied to that post at all.
Fri 01/08/03 at 22:59
Regular
IF you have to ask us whether or not you want one, then maybe you shouldn't bother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.