GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AVFC - Champions League, here we come :D"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/10/01 at 19:09
Regular
What can I say? Anyone that hasnít been impressed by us in the premier league this season (not the UEFA Cup :P) has obviously not been watching us play. We are finally starting to look like a great team, we had the potential and we have now got the players to live up to it. Over the summer, we signed some quality players and I said to some members that we would be challenging for a Champions League spot, only to be laughed off the forums. Well guess what, we will finish in the top four this season and therefore, will be playing in the champions league next season :-)

Here are the players that we have brought in the last 6-9 months :-

Hassan Kachloul ñ Before you say it, I know he played poor against Varteks but everyone has their bad day. I will allow you to say a bad word against this man after you have seen him play in the premiership. He has been outstanding so far in the league and

Mustapha Hadji ñ Hadji has always been a good player in my eyes but mainly for the wrong reason and that is he always seemed to score against us. But now, after sealing Coventryís fate of relegation, we also stole their best player :-) He is a quality player and is capable of scoring goals like the one against Varteks (his goal is the only mention of that game I will allow you to discuss :-) )

Peter Schmeichel ñ I was shocked more than anyone when I heard about Peterís arrival but was more than happy nonetheless. If any of you think that Peter is pasted it, think again. He is one of the premierships best keepers in the league and he illustrated this point with the save he made against Blackburn yesterday when Matt Jansen was on a one on one. Also, he made a number of great saves against Southampton.

Bosko Balaban ñ The same as Hassan with this bloke, he had a nightmare against Varteks and this is more than likely the only time you have seen him play and most of you think he is a waste of money. Well, I doubt you will be saying this in three months time because he hasnít had praise from people like Alan Boksic and Davar Suker for no reason.

Olof Mellberg ñ With the departure of Gareth Southgate, we needed someone to fill the gap and Olof is a more than adequate replacement. I have only seen him play a few times but him and Alpay already have a good understanding and work well together. He is a real class act, one of the best defenders in the premiership.

Juan Pablo Angel ñ He had his critics, but it was no secret that he was going to take some time to settle in. His wife and child being ill in hospital didnít help this situation and he was earning the tag of ìa waste of moneyî. Luckily we have a great manager who recognised his personal problems and understood that he would need time to adapt to the English game. Isnít letting him settle in at his own pace showing now? Six goals in six starts, awarded man of the match in the Blackburn game and is linking up with his teammates superbly. Everyone who thought that he was a waste of money are eating their words now :D

All of these players are quality and are gelling well with the rest of the team. We finally have strength in depth and for all you who still donít believe our quality, I would like to see your team beat Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield :D

Thanks for reading
Gabbo
Mon 01/10/01 at 19:09
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
What can I say? Anyone that hasnít been impressed by us in the premier league this season (not the UEFA Cup :P) has obviously not been watching us play. We are finally starting to look like a great team, we had the potential and we have now got the players to live up to it. Over the summer, we signed some quality players and I said to some members that we would be challenging for a Champions League spot, only to be laughed off the forums. Well guess what, we will finish in the top four this season and therefore, will be playing in the champions league next season :-)

Here are the players that we have brought in the last 6-9 months :-

Hassan Kachloul ñ Before you say it, I know he played poor against Varteks but everyone has their bad day. I will allow you to say a bad word against this man after you have seen him play in the premiership. He has been outstanding so far in the league and

Mustapha Hadji ñ Hadji has always been a good player in my eyes but mainly for the wrong reason and that is he always seemed to score against us. But now, after sealing Coventryís fate of relegation, we also stole their best player :-) He is a quality player and is capable of scoring goals like the one against Varteks (his goal is the only mention of that game I will allow you to discuss :-) )

Peter Schmeichel ñ I was shocked more than anyone when I heard about Peterís arrival but was more than happy nonetheless. If any of you think that Peter is pasted it, think again. He is one of the premierships best keepers in the league and he illustrated this point with the save he made against Blackburn yesterday when Matt Jansen was on a one on one. Also, he made a number of great saves against Southampton.

Bosko Balaban ñ The same as Hassan with this bloke, he had a nightmare against Varteks and this is more than likely the only time you have seen him play and most of you think he is a waste of money. Well, I doubt you will be saying this in three months time because he hasnít had praise from people like Alan Boksic and Davar Suker for no reason.

Olof Mellberg ñ With the departure of Gareth Southgate, we needed someone to fill the gap and Olof is a more than adequate replacement. I have only seen him play a few times but him and Alpay already have a good understanding and work well together. He is a real class act, one of the best defenders in the premiership.

Juan Pablo Angel ñ He had his critics, but it was no secret that he was going to take some time to settle in. His wife and child being ill in hospital didnít help this situation and he was earning the tag of ìa waste of moneyî. Luckily we have a great manager who recognised his personal problems and understood that he would need time to adapt to the English game. Isnít letting him settle in at his own pace showing now? Six goals in six starts, awarded man of the match in the Blackburn game and is linking up with his teammates superbly. Everyone who thought that he was a waste of money are eating their words now :D

All of these players are quality and are gelling well with the rest of the team. We finally have strength in depth and for all you who still donít believe our quality, I would like to see your team beat Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield :D

Thanks for reading
Gabbo
Mon 01/10/01 at 23:18
Regular
Any team that beats beats Liverpool at Anfield gets a thumbs up from me :D

yeah, villa are look quality at the moment. But its still early days...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.