GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get an Xbox for £1!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
Well... if you're skillful enough...

Go to Drayton Manor park. (you don't need to pay to get in, although if you don't buy a wristband then you won't be able to go on rides).

Among the stalls and rides and fastfood outlets, there was a stall where you have to throw small hoops over bottles. Get a hoop over the bottle and you win a prize.

£1 gets you 8 throws.
£2 gets you 24 throws.

Most of the prizes are your usual array of giant cuddly toys (the woman next to me won a giant crab).
But now they have something special on.

The bottles are arranged in a square, all of them green and closely packed together, but now they have an empty square in the centre with just one isolated Gold painted bottle.

If you could get a ring around the gold bottle, instead of picking from one of the giant cuddly toys, you've bagged yourself an Xbox along with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT.

Think they're mad giving away something like that?

Well no.
I happened to come at a good time, where £2 got you 50 rings.
Me being the complete sucker I am, spent 4 quid and got 100 rings to throw.
I came close as in I hit the gold bottle a couple of times, but because it's on it's own.

If you kept playing you'd probably win sooner or later.........

......... but end up spending more than the Xbox's retail price in the process! :-S
Sun 03/08/03 at 16:36
"Lemon eyewash"
hey what can i say he's right, i read it :)
Sat 02/08/03 at 00:57
Regular
Your link went to Chat.
Couldn't see a topic on this though.

Besides, if it's in chat it'll be buried beneath all the spam by now.
Atleast it'll actually get read in here! :-P
Sat 02/08/03 at 00:03
Regular
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk /display_threads.php?forumid=4006

:)
Fri 01/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
Well... if you're skillful enough...

Go to Drayton Manor park. (you don't need to pay to get in, although if you don't buy a wristband then you won't be able to go on rides).

Among the stalls and rides and fastfood outlets, there was a stall where you have to throw small hoops over bottles. Get a hoop over the bottle and you win a prize.

£1 gets you 8 throws.
£2 gets you 24 throws.

Most of the prizes are your usual array of giant cuddly toys (the woman next to me won a giant crab).
But now they have something special on.

The bottles are arranged in a square, all of them green and closely packed together, but now they have an empty square in the centre with just one isolated Gold painted bottle.

If you could get a ring around the gold bottle, instead of picking from one of the giant cuddly toys, you've bagged yourself an Xbox along with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT.

Think they're mad giving away something like that?

Well no.
I happened to come at a good time, where £2 got you 50 rings.
Me being the complete sucker I am, spent 4 quid and got 100 rings to throw.
I came close as in I hit the gold bottle a couple of times, but because it's on it's own.

If you kept playing you'd probably win sooner or later.........

......... but end up spending more than the Xbox's retail price in the process! :-S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.