GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Nice Shot, Way Above On Par"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Sat 02/08/03 at 09:12
Regular
I've just recieved Mario Golf and can tell you that's it's brilliant.

The beginning is superb, a movie featuring all characters with some of the best graphics i've seen in a Mario Game for a long time, think the beginning of Mario Party 4 and your not a long way off.

Controls: Superb, In Tournament mode your helped out quite alot, but it doesn't make the game easy. The cursor (It's Mario!) tells you how far you must hit the shot so you obiviously power up until that point. A star shows you were the Hole is (very useful) and like Mario Golf on the N64 a flag is above the screen, showing you were you must aim for, everything fits in lovely and it really does make the game so much better, you'll be hitting Nice Shots all the time and you can be pretty good on your second go, it make's it so less boring.Like most golf games. I still haven't used this C stick swinging technique but i'm sure it will be good. Each character is different Mario and Diddy Kong (yes he's here) are two of the best, in my opinion. 9/10

Graphics: Brilliant, This is why we brought Gamecube's. The first Level in Tournament mode is kind of like your normal setting, Lush Trees, snow-caped Mountain Tops in the distance, and birds flying above in the Blue sky. There actually so much better then what you'll expect (Wonder what Mario Tennis will look like? :) ). Go into a rough area and you'll make grass and mud fly into the air, and with the grass so realistic it just looks wonderful! Water looks extremly realistic as well, so do the bunkers of sand, that fly up when you hit them. All the characters are wonderfullly crafted, and their facial expressions are surperb, Diddy looks like his going to me murdered for getting a Bogey, he looks terrified... But it all adds to the humour. The cutscene at the beginning is very funny... Later levels see you on the beach and near Peach's castle, with warp pipes and Rainbows! 10/10

Sound: Peaceful. Birds tweet in the air, the golf-ball makes that lovely smack when you hit it (oh and the golf ball looks stupidly realistic) and the music fit's in perfectly with how your doing. Get near the Hole and the old style Mario Music comes on (when you go down warp pipes, in Mario Sunshine). It's all brilliant. 9/10

Modes: LOADS. I was only expecting 4 but there turns out to be over 10! Ring Attack, Coin Attack, Doubles, Training, Slots, the list goes on and on and on. Thr replay value in 4 player is enough but i thank Camelot for making a game that will never loose it's replay value, at all. All modes are superb and you can tell that time has been taken to make this game the best it can be!! Well Done Camelot. 10/10

Why we have to wait until JAN 2004 to get this game in Europe is annoying, as it's way better then Mario's outing on the N64. Overall i'll give this masterpiece 96% (Again don't add up scores above, this is my % opinion), Well Worth buying. For more information on this smashing game, All Levels, Character Stats, Mode's of play: go to www.mario-golf.com which has now been updated with Wallpapers and a Screensaver. Well
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Memorandum wrote:
> m.o.t wrote:
> Why do people keep picking me up on the way i've spelt the word
> Bought, WHY??? :)
>
> Because it's wrong?
> Because I point it out when anyone does it?

OK...
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
m.o.t wrote:
> Why do people keep picking me up on the way i've spelt the word
> Bought, WHY??? :)

Because it's wrong?
Because I point it out when anyone does it?
Mon 04/08/03 at 08:30
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Yeah your better then me and it was a crap title, whatever you say is correct.
Sun 03/08/03 at 23:55
Regular
"QPR 1974"
"Way Above On Par"

It sounds like it was poory translated from language to language via every country found on a light-up globe.

"Nice Good Shot you It is Way Above On Par Hole"
Sun 03/08/03 at 23:47
Regular
What a crap title.
Sun 03/08/03 at 22:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, and I got Mario Golf before you, so I'm better. ;-)
Sun 03/08/03 at 22:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
m.o.t wrote:
> I normally buy from Cagames which cost £60

---

!!!!!!!!

It wasn't £60 for me.

Although I admit it used to be. But the guy said their import game prices are in decline because they can get them for much cheaper now. Which is good.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Why do people keep picking me up on the way i've spelt the word Bought, WHY??? :)
Sun 03/08/03 at 15:12
Regular
Eh?
Sun 03/08/03 at 13:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Why do people not understand the concept of the word "BOUGHT"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.