GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"a solid place in a sliding site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/10/01 at 12:49
Regular
Hi all.

For the last few weeks I have seen the rest of this site go down the pan. I used to look forward to the fog chat every morning when I got into work, and would sit there for most of the day.

People come and go, I know. Every day would be meeting someone new, and it would still be fun. The latest crew though (mentioning no names) have been a bit poor, spamming the main threadboard, writing stuff that isnt interesting at all, and generally making tools out of themselves. I look at the FOG chat and theres nothing worth my efforts replying to.

Perhaps a month without GAD woud filter out the people who are blatantly GAD-hunting ro annoyed that their first effort diddnt win from the people who want to be here and make this place the fun it was?

Anyway, the reason that this is in here is because though the other forums have gone to sh---ugar, the web design threads have been interesting, constructive, and generally spam free. I have learned things from topics, met new people, had questions answered and had a good chat, without the GAD-hunters invading.

This place is now my first port of call when I get here. Please dont let it go up the swanney like the others are heading towards...

Slave.

(No offence to the admin of the site intended, It's just lost it's community spirit.)
Mon 01/10/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Hi all.

For the last few weeks I have seen the rest of this site go down the pan. I used to look forward to the fog chat every morning when I got into work, and would sit there for most of the day.

People come and go, I know. Every day would be meeting someone new, and it would still be fun. The latest crew though (mentioning no names) have been a bit poor, spamming the main threadboard, writing stuff that isnt interesting at all, and generally making tools out of themselves. I look at the FOG chat and theres nothing worth my efforts replying to.

Perhaps a month without GAD woud filter out the people who are blatantly GAD-hunting ro annoyed that their first effort diddnt win from the people who want to be here and make this place the fun it was?

Anyway, the reason that this is in here is because though the other forums have gone to sh---ugar, the web design threads have been interesting, constructive, and generally spam free. I have learned things from topics, met new people, had questions answered and had a good chat, without the GAD-hunters invading.

This place is now my first port of call when I get here. Please dont let it go up the swanney like the others are heading towards...

Slave.

(No offence to the admin of the site intended, It's just lost it's community spirit.)
Mon 01/10/01 at 13:11
Regular
""
Finally someone on this board talking sense.
Mon 01/10/01 at 17:57
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Slaveunit wrote:
>This place is now my first port of call when I get here.

Same here, this forum is fast becoming my favourite on the site.
Mon 01/10/01 at 18:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Turbo will be happy :o).
Mon 01/10/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
YEY!

I actually have a batch file which launches 3 SR windows (Both FOGs, and this place). This forum is always the one I check first.
Mon 01/10/01 at 22:04
Regular
"It's Only Me"
Although I rarely make any contributions to the SR forums, this is now the only one that I use. Probably the reason why I'm still a newbie.

I always check it out everyday now and I have to say a lot of my web building knowledge has come from reading the topics in this forum.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the regulars who contribute, you've been a great help to me.

Hopefully in the future I may be able to have something interesting to contribute to it.
Mon 01/10/01 at 22:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thats how I started, just using this Forum, and sometime the SR Site Bugs one, but mainly this one.... I got my regular status from just posting here..... wow, I must talk a lot then huh...:o). It's nice here as if your (like me) in the Web Site area, you can usually get quite a good response if your ever stuck....
Tue 02/10/01 at 22:28
I think the main thing is that people that use this forum KNOW what theyre talking about......

Half the people on FOG havent gone on to discuss games, theyve gone on to CHAT.....

They know nothing about games so they "Spam" as we call it....

And before you start slating newbies take a look at my name..... Still a dull, brownie colour..... :-(
Wed 03/10/01 at 09:32
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It might seem peopleare generally rated for their colour as the stereotype newbie is a pain in the (donkey). Usually though, newbies are rarely noticed unless they are annoying, and become one of the group once they are regular.

That's how it was for me, Noone took any notice until a few weeks back...
Wed 03/10/01 at 11:01
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... did someone say something??? :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.