GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More being gay by Ninty Europe (over Advance Wars 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising'.
Mon 04/08/03 at 11:44
Regular
Copied and pasted from cube-europe.com

Nintendo of Europe don't want you to import Advance Wars 2.
Nintendo of Europe have warned retailers of possible legal action if they sell the Game Boy Advance game, Advance Wars 2. The game was released in America in June and is proving to be a huge hit.

Earlier in the year Nintendo of Europe did the same with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, which were released in Europe recently. Nintendo are claiming that the sales of these games are proving that this approach can work.

Nintendo UK's general manager Andy Williams told MVC "The first day sales of Pokemon prove that not letting the situation spiral out of control pays off,"

Advance Wars 2 may not be hitting European shores until autumn but fans of the game are too eager to get their hands on the game, which has been selling in America since late June.

"If importing is left alone it could spiral out of control and harm sales," Andy Williams said. "As well as having a knock-on effect on the European launch, it harms legitimate sales for retailers who are abiding by the rules."
Wed 06/08/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Ninty Europe are just worried that if their sales fall far enough Ninty Japan will close them down and they will all lose their jobs, what a shame
Wed 06/08/03 at 16:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
All the people defending Nintendo on this are missing the point. The simple way to remove the 'problem' and avoid costly lawsuits is to start treating Europe as an equal marketing region to the USA and Japan. They treat us like dirt and then when helpful UK shops give us the products we want to buy (which we can easily get direct from the US anyway) they threaten the shops (and p!ss even more consumers off).
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:12
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The other consoles don't release games simultaneously, why should
> Nintendo?

Yes, but never usually months and months later.
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:30
Regular
Ok. Sorry. My bad.

I meant if *all games* were released world-wide then we would'nt have to be forced to import.
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:28
Regular
The other consoles don't release games simultaneously, why should Nintendo?
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:23
Regular
If games were released at the same time worldwide - Nintendo would'nt need to do this.
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:19
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I got it for 4500 stars on the Nintendo vip website.
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:17
Regular
Did you buy your map in America?
Mon 04/08/03 at 21:14
Regular
"QPR 1974"
E...E...Europe?
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:41
Regular
There isn't anything wrong with what Nintendo are doing - quite the contrary. Cracking down on importers means more accurate statistical representations of regions, and (as WS said) it protects the high street retailer - someone Nintendo really need as allies.

As it says in the article, this strategy works, so I support Nintendo in their plight to impose it. However, I do think it would be sensible if they took some focus off the war against imports, and placed it in delivering a good gaming experience to all regions.

I don't mind how Europe are being treated, but it could be better. Lets face it, they haven't spaced out the releases especially well, and I can't see any reason as to why they're depriving us of Mario Golf and Double Dash in the near future. It's not awful, but there is room for improvement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.