GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Six Ending"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VI'.
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:15
Regular
OK, thats it, I give up. I've got past that huge monster and then the encounter with Kefka but I just cant get out of the place in time. Anyone know what the ending goes like? PLEASE tell me. If you dont want to know the ending just dont come back here! Dont blame me if you hear it here! lol
Tue 05/08/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I've not played this for years, so I might be wrong but...
Is the bit you are talking about the section where Shadow offers to fend off the enemy whislt you have 4 minutes or whatever to escape???
If so, you are still quite some way from the end of the actual game i seem to remember.
Also, if you want, you can actually go back for Shadow (rather than make an immediate exit) and keep him in your party rather than sacrifice him. Perhaps you are trying to save him when you don't have too?
Does this help?
Tue 05/08/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Chris Morris"
thats some good advice, I'm going to do that. Please DONT tell me the ending, I'll see it for myself soon.
Tue 05/08/03 at 09:32
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I did the exact same thing with FFVII, and the Sephiroth battle was the toughest and most inspired thing I've ever played! Beating him with my relatively weak characters gave a huge sense of satisfaction.

After that I wised up to FF games and in FF8 and 9 the final boss battles weren't too much of a challenge, because my characters were pretty tough. So in FFX I went to the end without spending hours building my stats. That's how it should be IMO.

As for FFVI, I am at the point of flying into Kefka's tower but I don't have the patience for it anymore. I've tried it twice and died in the first random battle each time.
Mon 04/08/03 at 22:39
Regular
Yeh, sorry that wasn't exactly inspiring advice, but it really is the best way to tackle a Final Fantasy game - just take your time and things are easy.

When I played Final Fantasy VII for the first time, I got to the crater at the end quite quickly, and started to head downwards. On my way, I found most of the enemies very difficult, and they were just the standard random battle species. When I met Jenova, things became much more tricky, and then Sephiroth was enough to finish my characters with ease.

I went back to my save point outside the crater, spent some time in random battles, going to the golden saucer to chocobo train, and that kind of thing, building up my stats and equipment all the time, and then came back to find that getting down the crater was a breeze, Jenova was a mere mouse compared to before, and even Sephiroth didn't seem too hard.

As far as I know, a similar tactic works for most of the FF games, but as I said before, having not completed FFVI, I can't say for certain. You mentioned the time limit - is that a straight run against the clock, or is it a run through random battles? If you're having to battle, then certainly the stats building could help you through.
Mon 04/08/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Chris Morris"
ahh, yeah, your right. Thanks 4 that
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:39
Regular
Having not completed it, I'm not really going to be any help, and as it sounds like you're just struggling with a time limit not a particular creature, I'm probably even less help, but I'll still try this advice:

Go back and take your time. In the "final preparations" section, or whatever the equivalent is for FFVI, go and fight, fight, fight. Build up those stats, and if its anything like the other FFs I've played, it'll be 10 times easier.
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Chris Morris"
whats so funny?
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:38
Regular
lol
Mon 04/08/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Chris Morris"
OK, thats it, I give up. I've got past that huge monster and then the encounter with Kefka but I just cant get out of the place in time. Anyone know what the ending goes like? PLEASE tell me. If you dont want to know the ending just dont come back here! Dont blame me if you hear it here! lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.