GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Late emails?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/07 at 17:27
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hi all,

Is anybody having any general email problems, where email is arriving later than expected and listed?

I'm not just referring to the form to mail email problems, but general everyday email?

A couple of days ago I received a few emails, from different places, which were randomly dated as being received 1, 2, 3 or 4 days previous. I've just got an email from Amazon, which is dated for the 3rd March (it's the 18th now).

Other emails are coming through as expected, with no delays at all.

Am I alone in this? Is this just a consequence of the form to mail spammers?

Thanks.

- Chris
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:48
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
We have some some slowdown on our e-mail servers due to a couple of issues. Heavy abuse by spammers had an effect which caused significant delays and today there is a slowdonw due to a problem with our virus-checking software.

These are currently being investigated by engineers and should be resolved shortly.
Mon 19/03/07 at 18:46
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I use Freeola dial-up as required, Sky for general browsing.

It's strange as I don't get any error messages, just random delays in some email delivery.
Mon 19/03/07 at 15:27
"Are you sure?"
cjh wrote:
> I'm on Sky Broadband, and thought that it might be them to begin
> with, but considering the form to mail delays, thought it might
> be related.
>
> I'm hoping it's just a delay, and nothing is going missing.

Are you using Freeola Freedom if you use Sky?

On the help pages it mentions the email service is unsupported and you may get errors if your use other providers...
Sun 18/03/07 at 23:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm on Sky Broadband, and thought that it might be them to begin with, but considering the form to mail delays, thought it might be related.

I'm hoping it's just a delay, and nothing is going missing.
Sun 18/03/07 at 23:41
Regular
cant say I have had late emails as I have been at work all day but just received another batch of form to mail emails dated 14th

Kev
Sun 18/03/07 at 17:49
Regular
Spooky! - I've just received an email from Wednesday 14th - the Freeola formmail bulletin!

So I guess something's going on :(
Sun 18/03/07 at 17:45
Regular
Hi cjh,
I've had a few delayed emails - today I had one that had been sent on Friday for example; but nothing quite as bad as your example.

I've also had a few largish emails fail to arrive, but when resent they arrived fine?!

Are you using another provider (SKY?) for your ISP - this may also have a bearing.
Sun 18/03/07 at 17:29
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Funnily enough, just checked again, and 6 came through, one dated as far back as the 27th February.
Sun 18/03/07 at 17:27
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hi all,

Is anybody having any general email problems, where email is arriving later than expected and listed?

I'm not just referring to the form to mail email problems, but general everyday email?

A couple of days ago I received a few emails, from different places, which were randomly dated as being received 1, 2, 3 or 4 days previous. I've just got an email from Amazon, which is dated for the 3rd March (it's the 18th now).

Other emails are coming through as expected, with no delays at all.

Am I alone in this? Is this just a consequence of the form to mail spammers?

Thanks.

- Chris

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.