GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeloader or Action Replay ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/08/03 at 09:01
Regular
Does anyone know what the current version of Freeloader is and how compatible it is with new imports like Mario Golf, F Zero PN03 etc ?

I've read that F Zero had a menu problem which was only possible to workaround using the Action Replay instead, bringing me to the next point...

How useful is the Action Replay ? Does anyone have it, and I assume Freeloader or a version of it is built in ?

Having seen the ludicrously cheap imports available on eBay I've decided it's time to forget loyalty to Nintendo UK and just go for the games...
Wed 06/08/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Does anyone know what the current version of Freeloader is and how compatible it is with new imports like Mario Golf, F Zero PN03 etc ?

I've read that F Zero had a menu problem which was only possible to workaround using the Action Replay instead, bringing me to the next point...

How useful is the Action Replay ? Does anyone have it, and I assume Freeloader or a version of it is built in ?

Having seen the ludicrously cheap imports available on eBay I've decided it's time to forget loyalty to Nintendo UK and just go for the games...
Wed 06/08/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I reckon you should get the action replay as you can then enter codes for any future games that are released which might otherwise cause problems with the Freeloader.
Wed 06/08/03 at 09:24
Regular
I've just sent my action replay back to Datel. The latest version of AR is 1.8 apparently and I had version 1.6. I bought the Datel keyboard to work with my AR, but I didn't realise that it needed to be version 1.7 or upwards. So I rang Datel up, and they told me to send in my old version and they'll send me the latest version free of charge.

Great service from Datel.
Wed 06/08/03 at 09:28
Regular
Oh, and for cheap imports use Importmadness.co.uk

The average game costs about £36 including postage. I ordered Animal crossing on Monday, they despatched it on Wednesday and it arrived the next Monday.

I've just ordered Mario Golf last Monday, and they've despatched it yesterday so I should have it for Friday or Sat.
Wed 06/08/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I also think you should get Action Replay as in the future the Freeloader WILL NOT work with all import games, so Datel will just keep giving codes out so it will work with the Action Replay and they will probably just stop making new versions of the freeloader.Also you get more for your money with the Action Replay! :)

Sorry to anyone who wrote the exact same thing, i just did! I didn't read any of the reply's... ;)
Wed 06/08/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Yep, I think AR is the way forward, it's obviously more flexible to combat Ninty's future attempts to sabotage playing import games on PAL machines.
Wed 06/08/03 at 10:41
Regular
Get the AR PM.

You'll be able to unlock secrets and stuff in games aswell as using the import feature.
Wed 06/08/03 at 15:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If i knew then what i know now, i would have got an AR rather than my Freeloader.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.