GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"META tags..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/09/01 at 19:29
Regular
OK, so I understand a few of the most used META tags like the author and description, but what is the HTTP-EQUIV used for?

Thanks in advance,
Gabbo
Sat 29/09/01 at 19:29
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
OK, so I understand a few of the most used META tags like the author and description, but what is the HTTP-EQUIV used for?

Thanks in advance,
Gabbo
Sat 29/09/01 at 22:30
Regular
HTTP-EQUIV tags

META tags with an HTTP-EQUIV attribute are equivalent to HTTP headers. Typically, they control the action of browsers, and may be used to refine the information provided by the actual headers. Tags using this form should have an equivalent effect when specified as an HTTP header, and in some servers may be translated to actual HTTP headers automatically or by a pre-processing tool.

Note: While HTTP-EQUIV META tag appears to work properly with Netscape Navigator, other browsers may ignore them, and they are ignored by Web proxies, which are becoming more widespread. Use of the equivalent HTTP header, as supported by e.g. Apache server, is more reliable and is recommended wherever possible.

---

Copied that from some website, dunno if that helps you?.....
Sun 30/09/01 at 09:39
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
ermmm, doesn't really help but thanks for looking.
Sun 30/09/01 at 14:31
Regular
No problem......

Maybe you should rephrase your question and I might be able to help......
Sun 30/09/01 at 16:38
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... don't bother with them.
Sun 30/09/01 at 16:43
Regular
Dont bother with meta-tags?....

Admitedly they are highly over-rated but you must have them.

If they are going to give you just a slight advantage over others then you must use them.

The new thing that most search engines are using now is "Link Popularity" where the search engines sees how many websites are pointing to your website.

Content i also very important, think carefully about what words you are using and pack the page with your keywords (but dont spam them)......

So overall...... meta-tags...... yes over-rated...... but needed....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.