GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preowned Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 18:16
Regular
Hey,
Because I'm short of money I decided to sell some of my old games, and I was wondering what sort of price I'd get for this lot, and where.

Also, don't say special reserve because I live "Ooooop North" on the Wirral and the nearest SR to me is in Nottingham (I think). **Hint Hint** Please build a store in Liverpool or somewhere. Pleeeeeease.
Fri 15/08/03 at 09:12
Regular
Well you can download DoD for free, I dunno about Half-Life, don't blame me, blame gamespy, silly lying £%^&** :D
Thu 14/08/03 at 20:56
Regular
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ q_JL6675_day_of_defeat.html

I..don't think you can download it free.

Morale of the story: Never trust Lipe.
Half-Life for free eh Lipe, eh, eh?
Wed 13/08/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
The Scribbler wrote:
> Ok...So thats 10 quid down the drain and into GAME's very, very deep
> pockets. Don't I have a right to complain or something?

Take it back for a refund under their satisfaction guarantee

http://shop.game.net/help/CustService.aspx

Sure, it's online, but you can either tell them it won't work on your PC (or get an adult to do this - don't know your age so excuse me if it sounds stupid)
or that you're unhappy with the game in general, or that it can be downloaded for free...
Wed 13/08/03 at 12:43
Regular
well, counter-strike is part of the Half-life generation v.3 pack, so that means they DO sell it, but it also includes quite a few mods.
Wed 13/08/03 at 11:28
Regular
LOL, I didn't even know you could buy it in the shops.
Wed 13/08/03 at 01:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A bit of a con if you ask me, selling a game which is available for free, and it doesn't even come with any extras like Condition Zero.
Tue 12/08/03 at 18:12
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Not necessarily, you don't have to download it, you don't have to back it up, and so on.
Tue 12/08/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Oops..."
Ok...So thats 10 quid down the drain and into GAME's very, very deep pockets. Don't I have a right to complain or something?
Tue 12/08/03 at 17:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Day of Defeat isn't a mod for Counter-Strike, it, like CS is a mod for Half-Life. You need Half-Life to play games like CS, DOd, Team Fortress, Natural Selection, Firearms ect...
Tue 12/08/03 at 16:49
Regular
Yeah, lol, you can. As long as you have counter-strike.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.