GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Horror (SD cards)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 20:26
Regular
Lack of money meant I didn't pay any attention to the SD memory cards when they were first released.
I still have a lack of money, but took a look anyway.

You can't use them for general saves, only with particular games (marked with a SD logo).
We'll probably begin to see them a few months down the line.

That is all.
Tue 12/08/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was dissapointed to find this out, also.

These have so-much potential, and there was quite a bit of talk about them prior to the GameCube's release... But now, they just don't seem worth it - especially if they're only gonna be compatible with "updates" that only get Japanese releases, like Animal Crossing e+.

And I'm sure I read somewhere that they're not even compatible with SD Cards any bigger than 16mb (like the Official 251 cards)...?

If that is the case, you'd be better-off spending £30 on a 64mb USB memory card, which would, basically, allow you to do the exact-same stuff with your piece as you should be able to with the SD adapter.

And, you get a lot more space.
Tue 12/08/03 at 12:24
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Are you lot talkin about the adaptor that was meant to be released that would allow you to use Panasonic SD cards as memory cards?

If you are then I didn't even realise it had been released!

If not what are you discussing?
Mon 11/08/03 at 21:38
Regular
What the hell is the point in that?

"Only for use with compatible games"

Pfft.
Mon 11/08/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
They seem pretty pointless to me I think!

But if they let you connect them to your PC and download extra levels/tracks for games in the future, then they might turn out useful!

:)
Mon 11/08/03 at 20:26
Regular
Lack of money meant I didn't pay any attention to the SD memory cards when they were first released.
I still have a lack of money, but took a look anyway.

You can't use them for general saves, only with particular games (marked with a SD logo).
We'll probably begin to see them a few months down the line.

That is all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.