GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who wants to be in a band?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/09/01 at 21:51
Regular
Evening all.

Tonight I am in my house with a cold and baby-sitting.

My mate is playing in his big brother's band at Starwberry Fields in Glasgow and my all my mates are away to get drunk and listen to decent live music and look where I am :-)

So I have thrown my little cousins in the living room with Simpsons videos and a mountain of sugar and I've locked myself in my room playing my all my Manics CD's... and seriously considering getting *really* into giving the music business a fair old crack.

I have a great ear for music... I only lack the bloody will-power to learn anything and have memory like a seive (sp). Learn all chords and then forget. I fell out with my acoustic guitar and its in the cupboard. So I got my exceptionally good keyboard out and gave it some welly.

So emm where am I going with this? I'm not sure. I'm getting a Squire Strat for Christmas and mates and I are hoping to perform at school rock concert next year. I singing which will be pathetic... anyway. I would love to be in a band... it would rock. Mates and I are reasonably musical talented and like same stuff (Indie Rock or whatever).

So emmm yeah I am intelligent bloke but hate school and just want to put education in use to music and emmm so yeah.

Just go out give it some lalldy and enjoy myself with mates.

So there is my new task in life... so I am learning keyboard tonight then learn chords without playing and then be master at it when I get it.

HEHE Aren't I a moron? :-)

Oh yeah for that lucky git Goatboy... I heard 5% of drummers go do-lallie as the arithmatic part of their brain gets done in with all the counting.

Envious me? ;-)
Sun 30/09/01 at 23:31
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Goatboy wrote:
>as for the drummers going mental, I
> have heard that. Although we're usually the ones to die >1st as well.

>Keith Moon, John Bonham etc.

>Moon was a god.

He was also as mad as a certifiably insane fruitcake.
Sun 30/09/01 at 12:41
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I play the drums! There great after a frustrating day at college! I can't really get in a band 'cos no one likes the same music as me (that and I'm not very good) Nevermind eh?
Sun 30/09/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Do it.
I can't say anything other than do it.
Without hesitation or question.

Learn any instrument well enough to bash a few notes out and just get mates together.
Dont worry if you're not some prodigy player, just do it.

You will never, ever regret it.

as for the drummers going mental, I have heard that. Although we're usually the ones to die 1st as well.

Keith Moon, John Bonham etc.

Moon was a god.
Fri 28/09/01 at 21:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh. Just stick at the instrument playing, Craig. You'll get there eventually.
Fri 28/09/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Evening all.

Tonight I am in my house with a cold and baby-sitting.

My mate is playing in his big brother's band at Starwberry Fields in Glasgow and my all my mates are away to get drunk and listen to decent live music and look where I am :-)

So I have thrown my little cousins in the living room with Simpsons videos and a mountain of sugar and I've locked myself in my room playing my all my Manics CD's... and seriously considering getting *really* into giving the music business a fair old crack.

I have a great ear for music... I only lack the bloody will-power to learn anything and have memory like a seive (sp). Learn all chords and then forget. I fell out with my acoustic guitar and its in the cupboard. So I got my exceptionally good keyboard out and gave it some welly.

So emm where am I going with this? I'm not sure. I'm getting a Squire Strat for Christmas and mates and I are hoping to perform at school rock concert next year. I singing which will be pathetic... anyway. I would love to be in a band... it would rock. Mates and I are reasonably musical talented and like same stuff (Indie Rock or whatever).

So emmm yeah I am intelligent bloke but hate school and just want to put education in use to music and emmm so yeah.

Just go out give it some lalldy and enjoy myself with mates.

So there is my new task in life... so I am learning keyboard tonight then learn chords without playing and then be master at it when I get it.

HEHE Aren't I a moron? :-)

Oh yeah for that lucky git Goatboy... I heard 5% of drummers go do-lallie as the arithmatic part of their brain gets done in with all the counting.

Envious me? ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.