GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worms armaggedon the worlds best platformer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/09/01 at 12:58
Regular
As you can no longer submit reviews of worms Armageddon in the review section I will post it here.

This is my review of worms Armageddon.

Finally the worms have arrived on the n64, with a huge arsenal of the most dangerous weapons on hand these are the worldís most lethal worms in the world.

The game has five different game modes, here they are.

Deathmatch: In here you compete against computer teams to unlock different game modes, locations and new weapons.

Quick match: this mode allows you to start a match quickly as the computer randomly chooses the locate and teams so you can get started quickly.

Multi Player: Here you can challenge your pals to a match.
before the match you get to choose your setting.

Mission: In this mode the goal is to complete the objectives in a certain amount of time, if you run out of time you will either go into sudden death but in most cases your team will drown.
You can also unlock new locations and weopons in this game mode. Note: you must complete certain phases of training in order to play the missions. You also get a limited supply of weapons and ammo, so use them wisely.

Training: This mode allows you to train up your team. there are certain objectives to be completed in a time limit, and if the objectives are completed within the time limit you will be rewarded with a medal.

Depending on your teamsí performance in training you are awarded either a Bronze Silver or Gold medal, you also get a bonus weapon if you get a gold medal in certain modes.

The weapons there are a huge array of weapons at your disposal here are just a few.

Sheep launcher: This weapon lances sheep and if used properly can cause considerable damage.

Banana bomb; This is a mean weapon it's like a cluster bomb only it splits up into bananas instead and when it hits it's target boom boom boom boom.

Cluster bomb; one of the more basic weapons. On impact it releases smaller bombs and can cause loadsa damage.

Grenade: The most common weapon you will come across in this game itís small but very effective.

Pneumatic drill: This is very useful when faced with confined enemies, youíll find out as the game progresses.

Freeze: This is a defensive weapon, it stops any attacks and damage caused by the enemies, but it doesnít work when faced with rising water.

Teleport: This weapon is used mainly when you are in a potentially disastrous starting position.

Mine: Another handy weapon used to catch out your opponent, but watch out there are several randomly positioned mines placed in every level.

Ninja rope: used to get across vast amounts of terrian in a small amount of time.

Uzi: Here is one mean weapon and it inflicts a lot of damage.

These are just some of the bind blowing destructive weapons that are at you disposal.

The random level generator.
The random level generator creates thousands of possible variations in the levels and where the mines are placed in each level. So the random level generator supplies hours of endless fun.

Summed up?

Worms Armageddon is great fun for all the family and being the best platform game ever you would expect nothing more or nothing less.

This game is a must have buy this game I did and I did not regret it.
Mon 01/10/01 at 18:53
Regular
I think that Mario Allstars is the best platformer.
Mon 01/10/01 at 10:32
"I hate that!!!"
i only posted it again 'cos when i posted it before is 'cos i was only registerd for about 8 days.
Fri 28/09/01 at 20:53
Regular
The worlds best platformer?

Well, I suppose it's got the physics of a platformer.....
Fri 28/09/01 at 19:51
"period drama"
yeah, deja-vu all-round
Fri 28/09/01 at 19:49
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Dejavut?
Fri 28/09/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
cookie monster wrote:
> Hey doughnut, what has happened to your name?

He always had it spelt wrong.
Fri 28/09/01 at 14:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hey doughnut, what has happened to your name?
Fri 28/09/01 at 14:38
Regular
It's not actually a Platformer, have'nt you posted this before?
Fri 28/09/01 at 12:58
"I hate that!!!"
As you can no longer submit reviews of worms Armageddon in the review section I will post it here.

This is my review of worms Armageddon.

Finally the worms have arrived on the n64, with a huge arsenal of the most dangerous weapons on hand these are the worldís most lethal worms in the world.

The game has five different game modes, here they are.

Deathmatch: In here you compete against computer teams to unlock different game modes, locations and new weapons.

Quick match: this mode allows you to start a match quickly as the computer randomly chooses the locate and teams so you can get started quickly.

Multi Player: Here you can challenge your pals to a match.
before the match you get to choose your setting.

Mission: In this mode the goal is to complete the objectives in a certain amount of time, if you run out of time you will either go into sudden death but in most cases your team will drown.
You can also unlock new locations and weopons in this game mode. Note: you must complete certain phases of training in order to play the missions. You also get a limited supply of weapons and ammo, so use them wisely.

Training: This mode allows you to train up your team. there are certain objectives to be completed in a time limit, and if the objectives are completed within the time limit you will be rewarded with a medal.

Depending on your teamsí performance in training you are awarded either a Bronze Silver or Gold medal, you also get a bonus weapon if you get a gold medal in certain modes.

The weapons there are a huge array of weapons at your disposal here are just a few.

Sheep launcher: This weapon lances sheep and if used properly can cause considerable damage.

Banana bomb; This is a mean weapon it's like a cluster bomb only it splits up into bananas instead and when it hits it's target boom boom boom boom.

Cluster bomb; one of the more basic weapons. On impact it releases smaller bombs and can cause loadsa damage.

Grenade: The most common weapon you will come across in this game itís small but very effective.

Pneumatic drill: This is very useful when faced with confined enemies, youíll find out as the game progresses.

Freeze: This is a defensive weapon, it stops any attacks and damage caused by the enemies, but it doesnít work when faced with rising water.

Teleport: This weapon is used mainly when you are in a potentially disastrous starting position.

Mine: Another handy weapon used to catch out your opponent, but watch out there are several randomly positioned mines placed in every level.

Ninja rope: used to get across vast amounts of terrian in a small amount of time.

Uzi: Here is one mean weapon and it inflicts a lot of damage.

These are just some of the bind blowing destructive weapons that are at you disposal.

The random level generator.
The random level generator creates thousands of possible variations in the levels and where the mines are placed in each level. So the random level generator supplies hours of endless fun.

Summed up?

Worms Armageddon is great fun for all the family and being the best platform game ever you would expect nothing more or nothing less.

This game is a must have buy this game I did and I did not regret it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.