GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Streets of Rage 4?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Streets Of Rage 3'.
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:50
Regular
After reading on a couple of sites it seems that SoR4 may be released for either the x-box or PS2. After being turned down by the saturn, dreamcast and playstation it seems that SoR 4 might be FINALLY be released on one of the two consoles.

"X-Box Bound? - March 2001

With the Dreamcast dying, Sega began changing it's focus to becoming a software only developer, a process that can be seen quite visibly today. It's franchises, previously restricted to Sega machines, are now being updated on other machines - Sonic Advance on GBA and Sonic Adventure 2 on GC being notable examples. With this new focus on software, Streets of Rage 4 may recommence...

Hitmaker to develop? - September 2001

Following on from Yuzo's statements about Hitmaker being the team he wants to develop SOR4, there are some new rumours going around at the moment that sound quite feasible - check out this article over at XBoxActive.com. ( http://xboxactive.com/archives/00000456.php)

D3 to develop PS2 remake of SOR - Dec 2002

The partnership between Sega and D3 (cleverly-titled 3D Ages) has led to the announcement of a Sega Ages range of classic remakes, due for release in the second half of 2003. These budget PS2 games draw mainly on 8 & 16 bit Sega classics, and will use the power of the PS2 to enhance the graphics and sound. Streets of Rage is among the titles announced - whether the remake will be of the original or SOR2 is not known, nor the extent to which the gameplay, graphics and sound will be changed. However, if the remake is successful it could lead to Sega changing its attitude towards an all-new SOR game"

With all this it seems that SoR 4 could be going towards either of the next gen consoles. I personally would rather see it going to the x-box becuase i don't plan on ever owning a Ps2 but if it does come out for the Ps2 i might just have to persuade myself (and my mum) to get one.
Tue 19/08/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Hallelujah"
it msut be released on PS2, it must.
Mon 18/08/03 at 09:56
Regular
"\\"
That was for the dreamcast. It may have well changed alot since then.
Sun 17/08/03 at 22:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
www.classicgaming.com/soronline has some very early prototype videos of SOR4.
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:05
Regular
"\\"
You're not the only one!
Sun 17/08/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
OH man, Streets of Rage is the best series ever! I played those games hundreds of times over.
Sat 16/08/03 at 22:03
Regular
"\\"
SoR 4 must be on that list about 5 times alredy...
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:59
Regular
Optimism is always a good thing, but I could give you a list of games that never saw the light of day as long as your arm. Sega is one of the worst offenders.
Sat 16/08/03 at 21:50
Regular
"\\"
After reading on a couple of sites it seems that SoR4 may be released for either the x-box or PS2. After being turned down by the saturn, dreamcast and playstation it seems that SoR 4 might be FINALLY be released on one of the two consoles.

"X-Box Bound? - March 2001

With the Dreamcast dying, Sega began changing it's focus to becoming a software only developer, a process that can be seen quite visibly today. It's franchises, previously restricted to Sega machines, are now being updated on other machines - Sonic Advance on GBA and Sonic Adventure 2 on GC being notable examples. With this new focus on software, Streets of Rage 4 may recommence...

Hitmaker to develop? - September 2001

Following on from Yuzo's statements about Hitmaker being the team he wants to develop SOR4, there are some new rumours going around at the moment that sound quite feasible - check out this article over at XBoxActive.com. ( http://xboxactive.com/archives/00000456.php)

D3 to develop PS2 remake of SOR - Dec 2002

The partnership between Sega and D3 (cleverly-titled 3D Ages) has led to the announcement of a Sega Ages range of classic remakes, due for release in the second half of 2003. These budget PS2 games draw mainly on 8 & 16 bit Sega classics, and will use the power of the PS2 to enhance the graphics and sound. Streets of Rage is among the titles announced - whether the remake will be of the original or SOR2 is not known, nor the extent to which the gameplay, graphics and sound will be changed. However, if the remake is successful it could lead to Sega changing its attitude towards an all-new SOR game"

With all this it seems that SoR 4 could be going towards either of the next gen consoles. I personally would rather see it going to the x-box becuase i don't plan on ever owning a Ps2 but if it does come out for the Ps2 i might just have to persuade myself (and my mum) to get one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.