GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice On Last Minute Holiday Deals"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/07 at 14:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
So last Sunday me and Louise go off to the travel agent looking for a last minute deal leaving next Friday - Sunday for 7 nights.

Shouldn't be a problem we think as Easter is still a few weeks away and not many people will be wanting to go to the Canary Islands at this time.

Wrong.

We overlooked the fact that Leicestershire schools are on holiday then and most people in Leicestershire will fly from the 2 airports we can get to - East Midlands and Birmingham.

The cheapest deal we could get was just under £1000 to Playa De Las Ingles in Gran Canaria which is out of our price range of a max of £700.

If anyone has any advice on how we could try and get a late deal I'd be grateful!
Thu 15/03/07 at 18:38
Regular
There always seem to be good last minute bargains on teletext.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something even better online though. But start with teletext, if only to give you an idea of prices.

I'd also suggest being a bit less picky about where you go (not in terms of accepting crap holidays, just accepting other countries) - if you want a real last minute bargain you have to be flexible too.

I play to try this for one of my holidays too, so let me know how you get on :^)
Thu 15/03/07 at 16:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I went last year and it was fine there was too much to do in just a week so we're hoping to go back.

Thanks for the advice Miss Leading I'll go have a look.......
Thu 15/03/07 at 16:35
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I wouldn't go to the canary islands.
Before I was born, my family went and they said it was too hot, too sandy and too boring.
Thu 15/03/07 at 14:29
Staff
"After all this time"
Try this company called fleetway travel, I found them helpfull as I always book last minute as I have to pay full price for my daughter.
Thu 15/03/07 at 14:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
So last Sunday me and Louise go off to the travel agent looking for a last minute deal leaving next Friday - Sunday for 7 nights.

Shouldn't be a problem we think as Easter is still a few weeks away and not many people will be wanting to go to the Canary Islands at this time.

Wrong.

We overlooked the fact that Leicestershire schools are on holiday then and most people in Leicestershire will fly from the 2 airports we can get to - East Midlands and Birmingham.

The cheapest deal we could get was just under £1000 to Playa De Las Ingles in Gran Canaria which is out of our price range of a max of £700.

If anyone has any advice on how we could try and get a late deal I'd be grateful!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.