GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Train Station Shop Rental"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/07 at 20:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Random question...

I was at Chatham rail station the other day and i asked the man why the prices for sandwiches were so high and he said it is because the train station charge £6,000 a month rental...is this true? or was he exaggerating? I have a friend who works in Buewater where the shops are bigger and he said they only charge £3,000 a month and Bluewater is probably busier.

I need to know how much a train station rental is for some coursework im doing for uni so if anyone has an idea how much it would be please let me know. Thanks.
Wed 21/03/07 at 22:37
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I dont even know who they are...are they a website or something?
Mon 19/03/07 at 20:55
Regular
Freedom of Information thing? Would they tell you?
Sat 17/03/07 at 22:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sandwich shops are a work.
it`s a more closely guarded secret than wrestling was in the 50`s ;)
Sat 17/03/07 at 11:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> this was quite a random question Wardy, what insane
> get-rich-quick scheme have you concocted this time? :D

Haha you know me too well :p

I think im just gonna guess the figures in the end because the whole sandwich shop industry seems like one big secret!!!
Sat 17/03/07 at 10:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
this was quite a random question Wardy, what insane get-rich-quick scheme have you concocted this time? :D
Fri 16/03/07 at 12:13
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I just phoned the actual shop and it would be against company policy to tell me apparently...
Fri 16/03/07 at 10:35
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cheers for that :)
Thu 15/03/07 at 21:05
Regular
It wouldn't surprise me.

The high price is because they can get away with it - basic supply and demand:

There are lots of weary travellers who want bread and cheese, and no competition to sell it to them:
High demand, low supply.

In turn, many people want to sell sandwiches at extortionate prices, and there are relatively few train station shops available.

Thus the rent on the shops goes up too. (Until it thins the demand for these locations to the point where a profitable equilibrium is found.)

The actual prices? I recommend you ask train monkeys - they might tell you, they might not. But a quick e-mumble of phone call could find out.
Thu 15/03/07 at 20:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Nah i cant seem to find it, im not normally bad at researching stuff but i cant find this at all! Its annoying!!!
Wed 14/03/07 at 22:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Google or Wiki not helping?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.