GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"new gamer questions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 13:04
Regular
i just bought a new system with (finally!) a pretty decent video card. i want a great new game to test it out with. i already have enter the matrix and MOHAA. i checked out a few online, and i'm curious to see what more serious gamers think of them...

operation flashpoint
battlefield 1942
james bond 007 nightfire
tactical ops
Fri 05/09/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I can remember a few weeks ago when this place was fairly spam free.
Fri 05/09/03 at 03:11
Regular
"It's been a while.."
i dunno come boogie in the general chat forum its fun
Fri 05/09/03 at 03:11
Regular
Can anyone help me! I have almost completed Vice City and want to know since I have completed Malibu and Printworks how do I get into the Final Mission, because it does not open. It then made sure I went to get all my Assets. Can anyone tell me how do i get into Cap the Collector and Keep Your friends Close. Need Help!!

VJ
Sun 24/08/03 at 09:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
christian wrote:
> in any case, thanks for the input. i'll be trying the demos for
> botth battlfield and operation flashpoint.

Be sure to get the Operation Flashpoint: Resistance demo as well.
Sun 24/08/03 at 03:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Can't really offer much of an opinion on most.

I havn't tried the PC version of Nightfire, but the Xbox version is great. No really great. And it is the same game. Yes there are better FPSes out there, but James Bond is special.
Sun 24/08/03 at 02:39
Regular
I've only played flashpoint out of all those, and I must say it is great.

the graphics are looking dated now - there is a sequel in the works, but it doesn't matter because it really is a very realistic combat simulation.

I would invest in it and give it a go. It can be very hard in places, but stick with it. Also, another oldie of this genre that is good is hidden and dangerous.
Sun 24/08/03 at 00:23
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I told you Battlefield would come out as great. I'm sure it
> brainwashes people.

i see you're right-

i'm a new gamer, so i don't know much- but could it be that battlefield is just easier to figure out? as a gaming dope, (for example, i don't know what a mod is) i generally avoid games that are too hard to figure out, or that pre-suppose that you already know some of the basic controls or commands.

in any case, thanks for the input. i'll be trying the demos for botth battlfield and operation flashpoint.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Didn't like Battlefields Demo, so won't be buying the game, looks dated as well, to me. Sure, Flashpoint looks dated sometimes but at least it's cheap.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I told you Battlefield would come out as great. I'm sure it brainwashes people.
Sat 23/08/03 at 17:02
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Op Flash is the best game on that list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.