GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to make a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 14:19
Regular
I play games on my PC and my xbox, and, after much deliberation (and wasting of money and savings) I want to make my own game, but I don't know where to start. I want to make one of those arcade classic kind-of-games, so do I need some software to make the game. Please help!
Sun 24/08/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The only one I can think of instanly is The Game Factory, which was released by Europress about 5/6 years ago. It's on Xplosiv blue, so it's cheap.

Unfortunately, it has crap graphics. Only get it if you like platform games such as Prince of Persia, with a cartoony twist.
Sun 24/08/03 at 09:59
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
We-ell yes, but you couldn't really start marketing a game you made in Blitz Basic. Ok if you're learning I suppose.
Sun 24/08/03 at 02:36
Regular
C++ is complete b*****d.

I'm sure as someone mentioned there is software allowing you to make simple games like that.

you can make simple games with visual basic too, it is a programming language, but far far simpler than the likes of C++ or java.
Sun 24/08/03 at 02:27
C++ is too hard for simple games like that. It's easier if you just buy a dedicated games programming language software like Dark Basic or Blitz Basic. Or indeed, the Games factory, but I've always had a hatred for "drag and drop" game makers.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:30
Regular
"That's right!"
Actually, buying The Games Factory is the best way to go. Doesn't require any programming knowledge, though what you can make will be very limited at first, since you won't know much.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Learn a programming language. C++ is the best way to go.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Gamertag: sam666"
I play games on my PC and my xbox, and, after much deliberation (and wasting of money and savings) I want to make my own game, but I don't know where to start. I want to make one of those arcade classic kind-of-games, so do I need some software to make the game. Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.