GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eye Toy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 22:47
Regular
So, I gave in to temptation and bought one.

It's slow (free) delivery from ******, but cheaper than sr.

It's kind of lame though. I was buying a book from them, noticed the free delivery for orders over £25, and ended up spending another £30 to save £3.
Oh well, I'd have bought it eventually anyway.

I just feel like a big lamer.

But I have the eyetoy on the way.

Maybe I should have put this in the ps2 forum.

Ah well, while we're here, short rant:
Bah. When I first came here sr's formula was 'sell the membership, discount the games'. Now it's more like 'sell the membership so they can win stuff, discount sod all'.
Last time I bought a membership I only did it so that I could win gads. I bought TS2 as well, for the free gift (notice a pattern of buying expensive crap just to qualify for minor freebies). Cube extension leads, and I've never used them. I did win one gad in that time too though.

I wanted to be a loyal customer, but there's just no incentive to buy from SR when they can't do competetive prices.
Plus I've had trouble with their customer services.

I now feel more loyal to p***.com - they sent me a free ps2 stand, completely out of the blue. Twice. The second time I didn't bin it and it now holds my ps2 up. Now that's service.
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:47
Regular
So, I gave in to temptation and bought one.

It's slow (free) delivery from ******, but cheaper than sr.

It's kind of lame though. I was buying a book from them, noticed the free delivery for orders over £25, and ended up spending another £30 to save £3.
Oh well, I'd have bought it eventually anyway.

I just feel like a big lamer.

But I have the eyetoy on the way.

Maybe I should have put this in the ps2 forum.

Ah well, while we're here, short rant:
Bah. When I first came here sr's formula was 'sell the membership, discount the games'. Now it's more like 'sell the membership so they can win stuff, discount sod all'.
Last time I bought a membership I only did it so that I could win gads. I bought TS2 as well, for the free gift (notice a pattern of buying expensive crap just to qualify for minor freebies). Cube extension leads, and I've never used them. I did win one gad in that time too though.

I wanted to be a loyal customer, but there's just no incentive to buy from SR when they can't do competetive prices.
Plus I've had trouble with their customer services.

I now feel more loyal to p***.com - they sent me a free ps2 stand, completely out of the blue. Twice. The second time I didn't bin it and it now holds my ps2 up. Now that's service.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:03
"Uzi Lover"
Sony forum?

More like the Customer Service :-)

But yes, I agree with you on all the SR freebies and pirces and membership etc. You tell them.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The EyeToy is FANTASTIC!

Nintendo should concentraight (sp, I'm tired), on making quality hardware and software like that!

Instead of farting on about that connection @#%$ with the GBA!

grrr!

Dam you Nintendo for being so stupid and not giving the consumer what it wants!

:P
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:12
Regular
Eyetoy's guff.

It's fun for the first few hours, after that it's just crap.

Playing it on your own is in the same category as getting drunk on your lonesome. Completly pointless and oh so sad.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer, but when you play it with a house full of mates, it's a great laugh!

:)
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
LOL Tilt.

But yeh, it is good for the first couple of hours. Kung foo rocks.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:36
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Eyetoy's guff.
>
> It's fun for the first few hours, after that it's just crap.
>
> Playing it on your own is in the same category as getting drunk on
> your lonesome. Completly pointless and oh so sad.

I second that.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
*Gets out Bus Stop album*
:^D

I'm looking forward to it anyway. Me, Jack and the Eyetoy.

Cooky, got cut off from msn the other day, then couldn't reconnect. I wasn't trying to be rude!
We *think* the dial-up doesn't work whenever there's a message on bt 1571. Otherwise the socket is busted.
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiss ok!

Been busy as the past couple days trying to get this demo to a reputable state.

Kinda there now.

Well, at least you have to do something in the game now!

Not the games ultimate goal, but it is something to demonstraight a few things!

:)
Mon 25/08/03 at 23:58
Regular
For AI coding, maybe a pool game could be a good demo?

Fairly simple graphics, 2D calculations for ball movement shouldn't be that tough.
That just leaves the AI for shot selection, with plenty to get your teeth into -
Which ball to play, position for a next shot, whether to try to snooker instead of pot, trying to open balls trapped on the cusion and stuff, trying to sequence a dish (run of all the balls left on the table).
Maybe a tad late for the interview though.
And it would need Rhino dentists.

:^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.