GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future EyeToy Bilge?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 07:04
Regular
Yay. A chance to get summit for my PS2.
An EyeToy is slowly weaving its way through the postal system and in my direction.
Yay. It can keep GTA VC company in my slightly thin ps2 'collection' :^)

But I'm not so well informed of Sony's goings-on. What'll be the future for the eyetoy? Any more promising games announced?
I heard it'd feature in the next Tonty Hawk's, but is there anything else to look forward to?

While we're here, very best ever ps2 games you can think of for me to buy.
Only the really good ones, as cash is a tad tight these days.

Failing good games, I've been looking at cheap ones:
Silent Hill 2, Shadowman 2, The Thing and International Cue Club
all caught my eye in a certain company's 2 for £20 promotion. Any thoughts on those?
Thu 28/08/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Oops, didn't read the message where Dr.Duck said he had a GC and wanted to know about PS2 exclusives.
Thu 28/08/03 at 01:02
Regular
Yes and 9/10 the PS2 has the weakest multi format version of a certain game. With my Cube and Xbox as well there is no way I will be purchasing multi format games for my PS2. Dr. Duck has a GameCube as well and there are very few multi format games that aren't on the Cube that are actually worth purchasing. The majority are guff movie tie ins or another attempt to make games "cooooel" to play. Thats my only argument with Sony and their attempt to make games popular but aside from that I am happy I got my PS2 again. I will avoid the trash and get the odd very good exclusive here and there.
Thu 28/08/03 at 00:31
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Even though some great games are multi-format, that certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't buy them if you're looking for games to entertain you on the PS2. Tenchu 3, Final Fantasy 10, Hitman 2, Timesplitters 2 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2 are all brilliant games, with good lifespans as well as great gameplay. Medal of Hono(u)r and MGS are great, but don't last very long. If you're strapped for cash, have a look on Amazon.co.uk and buy pre-owned games (available in various conditions with insurance and a quality guarantee from Amazon). I sold my Splinter Cell there for £18, and bought Hitman 2 there for £20 (in perfect condition).
Wed 27/08/03 at 11:17
Regular
Flying Pig wrote:
> I got myself Rez and WipeOut Fusion on the same deal and am feeling
> particularly pleased with myself!

*Envies* :^)

FantasyMeister wrote:
> That was back in 1980. The trial lasted 2 days. First day was fine,
> the second day someone dropped their pants in front of the camera and
> Midway decided not to go ahead with the project.

Heh. Excellent...

As for the multi-platforms, I'd probably get those on the cube, as I'm more comfortable with its controller. So yeah, exclusives (or ones that only came out on PS2 and Xbox at most) please.
Wed 27/08/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Icarus wrote:
> Is Galerians any good?

Noooooooo!! I recall it got about 2/10. Don't buy it!

FreakOut looks interesting though......

I got myself Rez and WipeOut Fusion on the same deal and am feeling particularly pleased with myself!
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:42
As a student, it's functional and convenient, so I'm not fussed.

Having said that, I do hate having to listen to a fan everytime a watch a DVD.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:55
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Not to mention the integrated DVD playback.

The less said about that the better :)

Much wiser to get a standalone DVD player unless you aren't fussed about the quality. Although buying a DVD suggests to me that you would prefer the sharper images anyway.

Its a selling point from some people's point of view but from mine its a waste.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:52
Not to mention the integrated DVD playback.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:49
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> pro evo 2+ soon coming 3
> timesplitters 1+2
> soon coming new tony hawks
> true crime

You aren't very good at advertising the PS2 are you?

Timesplitters is piece poor and the second one (although a shocking single player game) is multi platform. Tony Hawks are multi format and so is True Crimes.

Why do people list multi format games when trying to convince someone about a console? I don't count PC games in this so something like Half Life or Deus EX is worthy of a mention. Its exclusives that sell consoles and with games like Tenchu 3 (On Xbox in March but exclusive for now), Tekken 4, Devil May Cry, both GTA games, Smackdown 4, Victorious Boxers, Jak and Daxter amongst others are what the PS2 should be praised under and not some shoddy movie tie ins or less than average multi format titles.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:43
Regular
3 words...

D M C
E A R
V Y Y
I
L

:)

Picked it up again today and its by far my favourite PS2 game and one of the masterpieces of recent years. Fast, furious action and a decent story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.