GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2004 not Live?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2004'.
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:18
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I was going to get this game but according to the EA website it says that it is playable online only with PC and Playstaion 2. WHY? why is it not on Xbox Live?
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:18
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I was going to get this game but according to the EA website it says that it is playable online only with PC and Playstaion 2. WHY? why is it not on Xbox Live?
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:33
Regular
"8==="
EA has a PS2 online exclusivity deal with SONY. Prepare to watch SEGA and Microsoft erode some of EA's franchises in the near future.
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:34
Regular
Because EA told Microsoft where to stick it.

No EA [sports at least] games will use Live.
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:38
Regular
"8==="
And yet Microsoft have this entire detailed plan XSN sports or something?
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:19
Regular
EA and Microsft don't like each other.

All EA online game will be exclusive to PS2. Only one that I really care about is Medal of Honor, sons of biatches.
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:23
Regular
"8==="
No doubt Microsoft'll do it's own WWII game to compete, if it's appraoch to sports games is anything to go by...
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Because EA told Microsoft where to stick it.
>
> No EA [sports at least] games will use Live.

Yes indeedy, EA wants to make sure the money it wants to charge for content and play goes straight towards the hundreds of millions it makes each year...
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:41
Regular
"  "
You know why EA and Microsoft don't like each other? Because they own the two biggest shares in the gaming industry. EA will only support Microsoft if they feel it will benefit them more than MS. So I guess they reckon they can sell the game without Live.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
"8==="
Well the competition will make both company's games better, they'll throw in options and features earlier etc.

I have to say that I don't really like sports games much but the way XSN was presented really made me want to give it a go.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
Hedfix wrote:
> I have to say that I don't really like sports games much but the way
> XSN was presented really made me want to give it a go.

I'll only really be interested in Amped 2 and similar stuff. I couldn't really care less about the countless NFL, NBA, RSPCA and YMCA games (though I am tempted by SEGA's NHL series).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.