GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who thinks Time Splitters 2 is any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:26
Regular
"GT3 Rules"
I know its the best FPS out, and has perfect graphics, but after 1 month playing it, i got bord and now never touch it. I would rarther play MX-Superfly!
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:25
Regular
Story mode for 3.5 hours then stopped... yeh, good try, nice. I'm guessing that was on easy, or at most normal - so you probably wouldn't know that the levels expand with the difficulty, not just the difficulty of the challenges and strength of the opposition. For example, in the Aztec Ruins there's a whole section on a swinging bridge where you have to shoot statues to get across, none of which appears on easy.

On top of that, its only one mode out of many. If you haven't even bothered with the challenge mode, with behead the undead, stealth mode, banana chomp, carboard shootout, the monkey challenges and more, then its no wonder you haven't got into the game properly. Then don't forget arcade mode with its huge list of challenges - I'd like to see somebody complete "Nice Threads" on their first attempt!

The whole "I got bored with it" thing is a shame, as so many great games can get missed this way. I got "bored" with Final Fantasy 7 soon after the intro, but I gave it another half an hour, and I was hooked to a game that is now probably one of my favourite of all time.

On the graphics side, I guess Halo is technically superior, but that doesn't mean its better, just like cars in real life. TimeSplitters 2 is different, its fun, its fast, and if a person says they think it has the best graphics they've seen in a FPS game, then that's fine, that's their valid opinion.
Thu 28/08/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Playing football or basketball is indeed fun, but when its raining or its midnight, those aren't usually the ideal forms of multi-player entertainment. If you didn't play the challenges or the league mode, thats about a third of the game you missed out on. If you can complete Timesplitters 2 in 3 hours (on Hard), I'll eat my shoe.
Thu 28/08/03 at 01:06
Regular
Timesplitter 2 took my a little over 3 and a half hours to complete on story mode and after being absolutely appauled with it there was no way I was going to go through the challengers. For multiplayer fun you can't beat a football and some fresh air and it costs nothing (apart from the ball).

Its a very poor excuse when a game relies on multiplayer chaos for it to sell. Thankfully Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Quake 4 are moving away from multiplayer focus and concentrating on what the majority of the market purchase games for, a DECENT single player experience which is worth parting with your £30 + of hard earned cash for.
Thu 28/08/03 at 00:12
"I love yo... lamp."
Don't ever ever ever say anything has a better multiplayer than Goldeneye. That's blasphemy. And a bolt of lightning will strike you dead for saying that. Just warning you.

Timesplitters is good, however it is far from my favourite FPS.
Thu 28/08/03 at 00:10
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Seeing as we're in the "PS1 & PS2" forum, hes hardly going to be talking about XBox titles. Anyway, Timesplitters is one of my favourite FPS games, especially in multi-player (beats Goldeneye any day). If you're bored of it try completing the challenges, unlocking the 120+ characters or completing the game on Hard (I still don't know anyone who has achieved this).
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:02
Regular
He probably doesn't have an X-box.
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:56
Regular
"Touched!"
best FPS graphics? have you played Halo?..
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:26
Regular
"GT3 Rules"
I know its the best FPS out, and has perfect graphics, but after 1 month playing it, i got bord and now never touch it. I would rarther play MX-Superfly!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.