GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toshiba external DVD-R/RW drive for laptop?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/08/03 at 19:56
"cheerios"
I'm going to get a new laptop soon, but what i really want is a dvd re writer to connect to it. I have looked on the official toshiba website for costs etc, and the cheapest they can do is something like 300 exluding vat. Does anyone know where i can get a good price for an external dvd re writer (toshiba make)?
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'll just add,Toshiba stuff is top notch: I've been using a Tecra 500 laptop since 1998, and I've had no problems with it. And no jokes about it being tosh; it isn't.
Tue 02/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Wrong forum for this sort of question, look on ebuyer.co.uk, you won't find cheaper.
Sun 31/08/03 at 20:42
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
External stuff is usually expensive. What I did was to find the best internal DVD writer that met my criteria and then buy an external housing. Then you put the internal DVD writer into the housing and that plugs into your laptop through a USB port. Simple and it saved me £150
Sun 31/08/03 at 19:56
"cheerios"
I'm going to get a new laptop soon, but what i really want is a dvd re writer to connect to it. I have looked on the official toshiba website for costs etc, and the cheapest they can do is something like 300 exluding vat. Does anyone know where i can get a good price for an external dvd re writer (toshiba make)?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.