GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Toilet Talk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/07 at 12:10
"possibly impossible"
Blame Machie for this, he started me thinking!

I’ve noticed a lot of discussion recently, on TV and from people around me, about toilets. Mostly about the fear of needing to use a public toilet, even at work.
Men and women have slightly different issues, of course. For men it’s the shared urinals, which are fine unless you’re either shy or standing next to someone a lot taller than you. As Kryten says in Red Dwarf “What's a suitable human analogy? It -- it's like trying to urinate in a public lavatory when you're standing next to a man two foot taller than you. It's just not possible!”

For women it’s the toilet seat. Do you sit or hover? Is there any toilet roll? All these things must be considered.

Of course, the worst scenario is being caught out when you need to complete the journey of your food, from plate to bowl you could say. This involves a complicated process of finding somewhere clean, with paper and enough privacy for the most creative of acts (it’s true, many of the world’s best ideas came while people were moving their bowels).

And yet the very subject of relieving oneself is still taboo in most circles. Is this because of the regions involved? Or is it just that the act itself is seen as unclean and unfit for discussion? It’s something we do every day, but something that is rarely discussed or thought about in great depth.
Mon 19/03/07 at 20:59
Regular
No public toilet has ever compared to festival toilets. They truely are something else.

I saw some junkies in a toilet in Oxford once, that was interesting.
Tue 13/03/07 at 13:25
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Sure the men's toilets are already dirty, unless your in a hotel.

The women's toilets are only lacking a butler, but with a man........
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:54
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
It's gotta be at home, where you can take your time and have a good old think!

At work last week we had an e-mail that went basically like 'which ever lady is rubbing poo on the toilet walls please stop'

Are girls even that bad? I wouldn't even expect a bloke to do something like that.
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:50
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Seraphim wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Blame Machie for this, he started me thinking!
>
> I do actually wonder when he comes up with such random things. I
> would love to be a fly on the wall in his house.

pb wrote:
> (it’s true, many of the world’s best ideas came
> while people were moving their bowels).

Maybe you might want to rethink that!
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:43
Regular
pb wrote:
> For women it’s the toilet seat. Do you sit or hover? Is there
> any toilet roll? All these things must be considered.

I try not to use public lavoratories, but when yous gotta go..

The very first thing, aside from trying not to touch as much as possible (even in the most ritzy loo), is to always check for the roll. I hover..gotta be safe! Then, of course, ya just have to be sure it's flowing in the right direction. lol Ya don't wanna come out with wet spots and all.. that would be bad. Hehe. :P

At work, I do prefer it when there's no one in there. It gets kinda quiet when there are people in there and trying to go is so much harder. Normally, I flush just to break the ice. lol Get's things going along. I never do a two anywhere but at home. That's just..sacred? Haha

What the hell am I talking about? Oh dear..
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:26
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
pb wrote:
> Blame Machie for this, he started me thinking!

I do actually wonder when he comes up with such random things. I would love to be a fly on the wall in his house.
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It's true: if I'm mulling over a problem of any kind I almost always get the answer when I'm sat on the bog. Being unable to stand I have to sit for number ones as well as number twos ...

> And yet the very subject of relieving oneself is still taboo in most circles. Is
> this because of the regions involved? Or is it just that the act itself is seen
> as unclean and unfit for discussion?

It's probably just the smell!
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:22
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ahhhh Toilet talk! Now this is defenetly more my thng. hehe... well beats girly chats on shopping etc...

I say when you gotta go you gotta go. When im usually out and about i very rarely go to public toilets. Not because i wont use public loo's just because i very rarely need to go when im out... Unless of course im out on the lash. However usually when im out the places i go to are really clean etc... In some female toilets its like some posh hotel en suite. Carpets, and all random girly stuff, even a place i go to has all girly things like perfumes etc for you to use. So i guess its not somewhere id need to hover over a loo. Oh unless i have to go use the male toilets then its a different story lol. The only toilets i wont use though in our town are the ones at the entrance to the market. There just not the cleanist of places.
Tue 13/03/07 at 12:10
"possibly impossible"
Blame Machie for this, he started me thinking!

I’ve noticed a lot of discussion recently, on TV and from people around me, about toilets. Mostly about the fear of needing to use a public toilet, even at work.
Men and women have slightly different issues, of course. For men it’s the shared urinals, which are fine unless you’re either shy or standing next to someone a lot taller than you. As Kryten says in Red Dwarf “What's a suitable human analogy? It -- it's like trying to urinate in a public lavatory when you're standing next to a man two foot taller than you. It's just not possible!”

For women it’s the toilet seat. Do you sit or hover? Is there any toilet roll? All these things must be considered.

Of course, the worst scenario is being caught out when you need to complete the journey of your food, from plate to bowl you could say. This involves a complicated process of finding somewhere clean, with paper and enough privacy for the most creative of acts (it’s true, many of the world’s best ideas came while people were moving their bowels).

And yet the very subject of relieving oneself is still taboo in most circles. Is this because of the regions involved? Or is it just that the act itself is seen as unclean and unfit for discussion? It’s something we do every day, but something that is rarely discussed or thought about in great depth.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.