GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters review..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:13
Regular
This months official PS2 magazine has a review of Freedom Fighters and from what I have read of it I can't wait. They gave it a whopping....

9/10

Their overall verdict came to the fact that it was playable for almost anyone and its the best squad based game they have played to date. Audio/Visually it also scored 9/10 and with 18 missions + loads of ways to do each mission the lifespan scored an 8/10. The only problem was with the multiplayer and for fans of multiplayer games you may want to avoid this one.

Overall it sounds like a kick ass game with decent play across the board. I think I will pre order a copy right now :)
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Forget the score then. I'm just not taken by it at this stage- there are a lot of good games arriving soon and only the best will do.
Wed 03/09/03 at 21:11
Regular
They are a bad magaine whether they agree with me or not. It just clarifys it for me when they just when along and said what everyone else said. It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the case.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:42
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> when I would give

Yes, but I'm saying you have to acknowledge that giving TimeSplitters 2 9/10 is their opinion. You make them sound like bad magazines just because they disagree with you.

Even though OXM is crap anyway.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:22
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> when I would give
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:12
Regular
10/10 for Timesplitters 2?

Are they insane? Thats a stupidly high score for just an average game.

Although OXM did give it 9.3
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:08
Regular
*agree with THEM on TimeSplitters 2
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:08
Regular
Yeah, but that's just your opinion against their's Ali. Personally, I'd agree on the issue of TimeSplitters 2, but probably give Enter the Matrix a 6/10.
Tue 02/09/03 at 23:42
Regular
OXM also gave Enter the Matrix 8/10 but the review and what they said about it made it sound very good. OXM are the same, they gave Enter the Matrix 8/10 and Timesplitters 2 9/10 when I would give both a maximum of 5/10 as they are nothing but average games. The proof will be in the pudding but ignoring the scores the game sounded very good from what they were saying.
Tue 02/09/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
OXM gave it 7.4 or so out of ten. It sounded ok but i'm not convinced. OPS2 mag gave Timesplitters 2 10/10 and I think most would say its nowhere nea that good.

From the footage i've sean Freedom fighters looks very repetive and samey. I'm got interested.
Tue 02/09/03 at 17:47
Regular
It looks brilliant and from the same team behind Hitman 2 so I am expecting a similar style of play. With CDS 2: Return to Baghdad out in a couple of weeks I am going to see which one scores the fairer and then rent the one I aren't too sure about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.