GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN Suck!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Well, their shop section I mean.

A few weeks ago, I ordered F-zero Gx and Soul Calibur 2 from them. Because I'm an international buyer, they wanted to see a section of a credit card statement to prove I was who i said i was. So I did that for the SC2 order, and cancelled the F-zero order cos i could get it cheaper elsewhere. They confirmed the cancellation. Sounds ok.

Today, SC2 turns up, WITHOUT the art book it promised, and the cancelled F-zero is also there. To be able to get them off the delivery boy (who looked drunk), I had to fork out over £20 for customs, which was not mentioned and has not happened before Ive ordered from America which is about 5 times.

Now I have to send back F-zero because I have 2 copies, there is no artbook for SC2 and IGN are very bad people!

But at least both games rule

TW
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:55
Regular
"8==="
The IGN 'insider privilege' annoyed me but they seem to have less exclusive 'insider stuff' now.
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Its all in the original packaging, but I think I'll just send it back.

Calum, if you want it then hand over £40 :-)
Tue 02/09/03 at 02:53
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Ordering from America can be excellent but very nasty indeed when it goes wrong, I curruntly have stuff that I have "bought" from America only to find that they billed me then refunded me...

So I havent actually paid anything for the stuff.

Many phone calls are necessary...:(
Tue 02/09/03 at 00:30
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Just sell f-zero on e-bay and you should get a fair price for it if you kept it in it's original packaging.
Tue 02/09/03 at 00:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If sending it back is too tiresome, you could send f-zero to me.
Tue 02/09/03 at 00:18
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Belldandy wrote:
> Why order from IGN in the first place when there are plenty of
> reliable, even UK based, importers ?

Well like i said, I wanted the art book and couldnt find it anywhere else, and the price was extremely cheap.

But in the end I found importmadness.co.uk and used it to get F-zero.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:15
Regular
Atleast you got them, I have to wait AGES till I get mine *sigh*
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Personally I don't think there is any artbook, I read somewhere it will come inside the box, me got nothing as well. Oh well at least I got the free limited edition Soul Calibur 2 Ivy t-Shirt.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Why order from IGN in the first place when there are plenty of reliable, even UK based, importers ?
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Well, their shop section I mean.

A few weeks ago, I ordered F-zero Gx and Soul Calibur 2 from them. Because I'm an international buyer, they wanted to see a section of a credit card statement to prove I was who i said i was. So I did that for the SC2 order, and cancelled the F-zero order cos i could get it cheaper elsewhere. They confirmed the cancellation. Sounds ok.

Today, SC2 turns up, WITHOUT the art book it promised, and the cancelled F-zero is also there. To be able to get them off the delivery boy (who looked drunk), I had to fork out over £20 for customs, which was not mentioned and has not happened before Ive ordered from America which is about 5 times.

Now I have to send back F-zero because I have 2 copies, there is no artbook for SC2 and IGN are very bad people!

But at least both games rule

TW

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.