GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The N-Gage is Incredibly Stupid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 12:55
Regular
I've just watched a Video of how to change a game for the N-Gage.
Step by step, here we go:
1) Take the back cover off
2) Remove the battery
3) Take out the game and replace it with another one
4) Put the battery back in
5) Put the back cover back on
6) Switch the phone on
7) Wait 30 seconds for the phone to charge
8) Go into the menu
9) Click on the game icon at the very bottom
10) Wait for the game to load

In total, this process takes about 3 minutes. Oh, and another thing I didn't realise, is that the games are basically sim cards.

Sounds pretty crappy to me.
Thu 04/09/03 at 20:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But not as cheap as a GBA SP, and to be honest, an MP3 player *needs* to be big to be of any real value, a portable console needs to be comfy and cheapish, and a phone has to actually also be practical and comfortable too.

Er, nope.
Thu 04/09/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Under the Wall"
It'll be cheaper as part of a 1 year contract.

Don't forget that.
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Kid at my school has one (are they even out yet?), and he says he doesn't play games on it because its too battery consuming and also the games are rubbish and too expensive. He just uses it to make phone calls (duh) and listen to music.

Would you pay £250 for it? would anyone?
Maybe those who bought their PS2s for £350 on release.
Thu 04/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
Well, one of the biggest downfalls...
:^)
Thu 04/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> A good point

Hmm, makes sense. The price of the technology will be coming down in time too, of course. And it's not unusual for new consoles to start at over £300. (Though maybe not portable stuff, yet).
We're still quite a bit bigger than the sp though...

Still, if it's small, I'll still be impressed.
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Speaking of the PSP does anyone know if it will have a RF/AV output to connect it to your TV ?
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, you've seen the wonders of what technology can do, these days - so, you never know how small this PSP really could be.

Just look at the size of the latest MP3-players... The remote-stick on my portable MiniDisc player is hardly much smaller than some of the ones I've seen!

And "ruksack"? I didn't think anybody used that word, anymore?!
It's all about the "bag" now. Short, simple and easy to say.

But I'm sure that when you're off travelling around New Zealand in the future, you'll find that to be a word your hear quite a lot, as you prepare to say your goodbye's. :)
Thu 04/09/03 at 12:53
Regular
I'm not convinced the PSP will work out to be all that portable. They were talking about fitting a fairly big screen and analogue sticks in a long time ago.
Then there's the game reader device, like a minidisk player.

Now there's a bunch of extra computer components, a phone mic, decent speaker, maybe memory stick compatability...

Portable in the sense that it comes with its own rucksack ?
(There's a word I've not used in years).
No wonder they want it to 'do' everything you need - you wouldn't be able to carry anything else.

If they can do it and make it small I'll be very impressed.
Thu 04/09/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And now, you can only wonder what the PSP will be like, now that SONY have revealed their intentions of making it more than "just a hand-held games console"...

Not that this "set-back" will ever really stop idiots from buying the thing, of course. It'll still make you look ``cool““- I'm sure! :)
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:36
"period drama"
Really great design for gaming, too.
Mmm ... ultimate comfort ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.