GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo's 2003 Christmas message"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Conker the King"
I can hear it now.........

"NOE are happy to report that this Christmas is going to be one to remember for Nintendo. We have successfully sued over 40 games importers across the UK and are currently chasing another 13. We have spent £28 million on bringing these evil importers to justice. We are looking to the future. We have decided that it would not be prudent at this time to lower the price of the Gamecube but we have some great offers for this festive season. A black Gamecube, a third party memory card and Turok, all for just £175. We feel at NOE that our advertising strategy is working very well and we will not be increasing our advertising budget. Due to this exciting Turok package we have decided to delay the launch of Mario Kart Double Dash!! until the spring of 2004 as some of the tracks have flowers in them and we feel that the game will sell better in the Springtime. We will be having a major launch event for Mario Kart, the best Nintendo have ever done before. This massive event will take place in the car park behind the Queens Head pub in Scunthorpe and we hope to attract at least 12 people to this amazing launch party. As part of our gratitude for the excellent work carried out by the staff at NOE HQ we have decided to give everyone here a bumper Christmas bonus. We look forward to what the future holds for NOE".

You may call me cynical, but its not as daft as might think!
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Don't forget you'll be needing two network adapters as well Hedfix...
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:21
Regular
"8==="
TGMbloke wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
>
> Its human phycology and nature - if its cheap, people assume its
> crap. Even if Nintendos hearts where in the right place at the
> time...

Still: I'm more inclined to buy a second one purely for Mario Kart LAN gaming because it is so cheap. :)
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:16
Regular
Doctor Ingo wrote:
> And they are still making millions...

From Japanese sales and the GBA...
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:19
Regular
"Highly strung"
And they are still making millions...
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Conker the King"
San1 wrote:
> genius... pure genius...
>
> But I hate the way that everyone is acting that it is all Nintendo's
> fault and that they can't do anything about it.

But is is Nintendo's fault. They ripped everyone off in the mid '90s and were fined a huge amount of money for it. They treated third party developers like sh*te during the days of the SNES and N64. They threaten importers which in turn hurts the people who are most loyal to them, the fans and they continually fail time and time again to advetise their console and games. It's nobody elses fault but their own!
Fri 05/09/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
genius... pure genius...

But I hate the way that everyone is acting that it is all Nintendo's fault and that they can't do anything about it.
Fri 05/09/03 at 23:03
Regular
I actually believed that until the Christmas BOnus part, because Ninty are WAY too stingy with money.

:-D
Fri 05/09/03 at 12:37
Regular
I found that statement hilarious except the launch party one, if you are taking the p!ss out of the Nintendo truck thing then you shouldn't... that was fantastic and was far better than the PSxperience and the ECTS... although i did spend most of my time around that truck.
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Couldn't see that happening really. I mean, how many 'rube boys' who have to have the top name lablled trainers would buy any with ASDA on them??? A supermarket logo!!! None!

But taking what you say, it's all down to street 'kred'!

Sony are the Nike! The 'cool' company! And so they can bring out there latest at the top end of the price scale.

Nintendo, who use to be the Nike, are more like the.... lol, SilverShadow! And so they bring out there latest at the lower end of the price scale.

If Nintendo had released their new console at a price higher than the 'coolest' console around, it would have been laughed off the school yard!

:D
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:48
Regular
The PS2 bunldes are a bit lame though, and it's probably more an attempt to shift the old style console before the new style silver one comes out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.