GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dreamcast- ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/09/01 at 14:45
Regular
are any more games being taken from dreamcast to ps2 (like crazy taxi was)
like jet set radio or sonic adventure.

or is it only sega-made games that will be ported?
Mon 24/09/01 at 22:39
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well games like NHL2k2 and NFL2K2 are coming out I believe.And Virtua Tennis MAY be making an appearance soon.I actually heard that Venus Williams signed a contract with a company who are to make a PS2 game. Its not that WTA Tennis mind.
Mon 24/09/01 at 20:17
Kid Rock wrote:
> 4ever wrote:
> umm i duuno i think they will only publish the hits but
> seeing as the PS2 is a
> load of nastyness i doubt it coz i predict the ps3
> very soon [in the year]

no its coming out in 2006
why would they bring out
> PS3 this year they havent brought out the internet for PS2 and it has so many
> plans i cant see PS3 for a nother 5 years

As I have been saying for the last month:

About a months before the PS2 launch, Sony announced they were working on a PS3. Why? Well, if they didn't start work on it then they'd have to fire their hardware team.. so they give them a stupid task to do... like start the Ps3.

It's ok, all companies do it- sega stared work on their next console a month after the Dc launch (obviously the plans have been scraped).

So, expect the Ps3 in 2005ish
Mon 24/09/01 at 19:43
Regular
4ever wrote:
> umm i duuno i think they will only publish the hits but seeing as the PS2 is a
> load of nastyness i doubt it coz i predict the ps3 very soon [in the year]

no its coming out in 2006
why would they bring out PS3 this year they havent brought out the internet for PS2 and it has so many plans i cant see PS3 for a nother 5 years
Sun 23/09/01 at 22:06
Hey the ps2 is class !!!!!

Special reserve is a good mail order place 2:)
Sun 23/09/01 at 19:39
umm i duuno i think they will only publish the hits but seeing as the PS2 is a load of nastyness i doubt it coz i predict the ps3 very soon [in the year]
Sun 23/09/01 at 18:56
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> i dont like ports. i just buy the games i like which aqre just for one console.

I bet you don't get many PC games then!

Even Sonic 3D was ported! (I got it the other day for my PC)
Sun 23/09/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Back For Good"
I thought Crazy Taxi for the PS2 was well converted, but the menu shakes and it's crashed TWICE AND ALL.

Considering the PSone never crashed this is just unaccepatable, still good but it's unforgivable is crashing innit?

Seems to be only the game though :-)
Sun 23/09/01 at 15:39
i dont like ports. i just buy the games i like which aqre just for one console.
Sun 23/09/01 at 15:24
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
A lot of games are changed, edited and souped up before they hit shelves over here so expect the bugs ironed out and all the rest changed.
Sun 23/09/01 at 15:22
Regular
Vektor wrote:
Looking at the screenshots of Sonic Adventure 2 on the GC my initial
> impression is disapointment. It looks exactly the same even though it is running
> on a machine with supposedly much more power. It may just be me but it doesn't
> look anywhere near the quality of the GC titles I have seen so far.

VKTR

That is because Sonic Team haven't done anything but ported it to GameCube. They haven't changed it at all.

Hopefully it will be improved before it's UK release, but I'd just feel grateful that a Sonic title is appearing on a Nintendo console!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.