GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I知 too happy to care...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 14:46
Regular
Ok so maybe no one will actually care but I am sp happy I wanted to say

THE FOLKS SAY I CAN ORDER SOME GAMES SOON-ISH :D YEY!

I've already decided
Mario golf.
Soul calibur 2.

Any others?
I'm not really a pre-order kind of person really so nothing like harvest moon, which is out next year :P

Also wanted to apologize to "white stripes" for my recent slip of the tongue, I don't care about the blocking, just wanted to say sorry, that is all. :^)
Sun 07/09/03 at 00:25
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> ツLツ恰ツホR wrote:
> Mario made the genre what it is yet games like Ratchet and Clank,
> Jak
> and Daxter, Ape Escape/2 etc are spin offs yet still top class
> games.
> I don't get his point? Peopel won't say a game is bad unless it
> really is bad regardless of the license or franchise.
>
> Jak & Daxter is awful and Ape Escape 2 is no more than mediocre.
> The only really good platformer is Ratchet & Clank.

Go stand in the corner.

Jak & Daxter is excellent, Ape Escape 2 is good, yet Ratchet & Clank ruins itself with all the guns and stuff.
Sat 06/09/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Syphonical wrote:
> Sorry, February, not march
damn it!!!

My birhday's in march.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:21
Regular
The graphics are actually quite smart when you start playing. It really suits the game. I do wish it came with a multiplayer tournament mode, as the game itself isn't the best 1 player game ever. Actually I wish all games were co-operative. It's much more fun with a friend than on your own. We mainly play the Rings co-operative challenge. Basically theres so many rings on the course and you have to score through each of the rings between one another and then each player has to get their ball in the hole before par. It's quite funny though, cos the person who lets the team down gets a good pummelin.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:17
Regular
ツLツ恰ツホR wrote:
> Mario made the genre what it is yet games like Ratchet and Clank, Jak
> and Daxter, Ape Escape/2 etc are spin offs yet still top class games.
> I don't get his point? Peopel won't say a game is bad unless it

Jak & Daxter is awful and Ape Escape 2 is no more than mediocre. The only really good platformer is Ratchet & Clank.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:09
Regular
Yep, and of course you're entitiled to your opinion.

But I get the impression most people who look past the charaters will think the game sucks nads.

Still, you've played it, I've only been unimpressed by the graphics and horrified by the idea of going back to a push-button swing.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:01
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:
> But if Mario Golf sucks all the balls that it looks like it will, then
> all the critical acclaim will stem purely from the cast of
> characters.
>
> Mario Golf does indeed apear to suck balls, and certain media monkeys
> do seem to like it none the less, so (unless the media monkeys in
> question are getting their balls sucked by Mario Golf), the game gets
> its acclaim from the Mario theme.

Like I said before. I'd give it an 8/10 easily whatever characters were in it.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:55
Regular
ツLツ恰ツホR wrote:
> Peopel won't say a game is bad unless it

But they may say it's good even when it's not, because they're blinded by the franchise reputation.
Sat 06/09/03 at 01:27
Regular
Mario made the genre what it is yet games like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Ape Escape/2 etc are spin offs yet still top class games. I don't get his point? Peopel won't say a game is bad unless it really is bad regardless of the license or franchise.
Sat 06/09/03 at 01:22
Regular
But if Mario Golf sucks all the balls that it looks like it will, then all the critical acclaim will stem purely from the cast of characters.

Mario Golf does indeed apear to suck balls, and certain media monkeys do seem to like it none the less, so (unless the media monkeys in question are getting their balls sucked by Mario Golf), the game gets its acclaim from the Mario theme.
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:45
Regular
Mario spin-offs may sell on the franchise status, but they're generally very good games, so saying it is just the characters that are responsible for the critical acclaim is a foolish and unfounded statement.

Shame on you TGMBloke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.