GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII-2 Rumours"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 06/09/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's a lot of rumours that we're going to get a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 on the PS2.

Astoundingly, it's reported now that there IS a completed storyline for this sequel. (Source: Obscure FF fansite).

But now there's a chance we can find out for sure. Square are going to be at the Tokyo game show on 26th-28th September, presumably showing off bits from FFXII. Will they show something else there too? Wait and see...
Sat 06/09/03 at 18:16
Regular
There's a lot of rumours that we're going to get a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 on the PS2.

Astoundingly, it's reported now that there IS a completed storyline for this sequel. (Source: Obscure FF fansite).

But now there's a chance we can find out for sure. Square are going to be at the Tokyo game show on 26th-28th September, presumably showing off bits from FFXII. Will they show something else there too? Wait and see...
Sat 06/09/03 at 18:20
Regular
I'm not sure what I want.
Part of me would rejoice over a FFVII-2, while the other, rather large, part of me says they'll cóck it up.

I live in dread.
Sat 06/09/03 at 18:39
"period drama"
Same here. Although everyone knows it's the most wanted game of all time, and therefore will make one big bucket of cash.

They could do a prequel pretty easily. But you'd know most of what was going on.
Or they could set it in the green and bird-filled Midgar you see at the end with Nanaki.

Were there baby Nanakis there with him? I think so - who'd he knock up, then?
I'm sure Yuffie would go in for that sort of thing : |
Sat 06/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"I'm Great."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Were there baby Nanakis there with him? I think so - who'd he knock
> up, then?
> I'm sure Yuffie would go in for that sort of thing : |

Oh that made me laugh. Funniest thing I've heard today? Quite possibly. Just imagine all the mini ninja Nanakis. Could happen looking at XIII's grandfather.

Anyway, I agree that there is a part of me that would love to see it but the other that wishes it could be left to stand as the masterpiece that it is. I'm sure SquaresSoft Enix (I think it's Enix I 'm not sure) would do a great job but the key question is when do the set the story? Before, after or maybe inbetween? I'm not sure which I'd like to see.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
*Crosses fingers*

I hope not, I hope not, I hope not...

It's fine as it is, there's nothing more to add to the storyline. The world is saved. Etc. A sequel or prequel would ruin it, for besides any other reason the graphics are bound to be up to date rather than true FFVII style. I hope nothing comes of this.

They might as well call it "FFVII-2: This time it's personal", or "FFVII-2: FFVII harder".
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
OF course the story in FFVII is not over ! They have to get Aeris back somehow damnit...that would be a fitting storyline to begin with.
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:39
Regular
In fact FF VII would, assuming they do it well, make me buy a PS2.
Sat 06/09/03 at 23:01
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> In fact FF VII would, assuming they do it well, make me buy a PS2.
Sun 07/09/03 at 03:20
Regular
Aeris is alive and well and currently starring in Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 (as Aerith).
Sun 07/09/03 at 08:37
Regular
Yeah, but that's not within the Final Fantasy 7 world, it's just using the character, and technically Kingdom Hearts could be set before FFVII...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.