GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII-2 Rumours"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 06/09/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's a lot of rumours that we're going to get a sequel to Final Fantasy 7 on the PS2.

Astoundingly, it's reported now that there IS a completed storyline for this sequel. (Source: Obscure FF fansite).

But now there's a chance we can find out for sure. Square are going to be at the Tokyo game show on 26th-28th September, presumably showing off bits from FFXII. Will they show something else there too? Wait and see...
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think it's a bad move to make a direct sequel to any of the games. It just wouldn't be as good, and wouldn't capture the same feeling. FFVII was sheer brilliance from start to finish, the only way is down from there. Anything they did only has the possibility of making it worse, not better.

Of course, it would sell shed loads, so a good business venture. Just not a good artistic venture.
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
god knows it's been a while since i've finished it so she might have been.
Sun 07/09/03 at 16:55
"period drama"
I thought you saw in glimpse of her in the ending when all the holy earth flow crap comes along.
Meh - t'was a long time ago.

Just thinking - a sequel to FF8 would probably be the easiest, eh? Everyone's still alive at least, and something new and evil could easily be tied in.
Sun 07/09/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Didn't Aeris ghost appear in the church in the slums when you go back after the parachute landing and that's the only time she actually makes an appearance so to speak after Sephiroth kills her (good old Sephy). I don't think Cloud could knock up a ghost, he isn't that much of hero.
Sun 07/09/03 at 15:51
"period drama"
Aeris came back in FFVII with all the good swirly stuff to kill all the bad stuff. She was still dead I presume, but at least Cloud could see her again. And, perhaps, try to knock her up.
Their kids could be in the sequel. *Shudders*

Hey - who did Vivi shack up with to get all his kids? Was it Eiko? I can't remember, but she was flashing her lady parts around like anything.
Someone at Square is very disturbed.
Sun 07/09/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
God this rumour has been around for ages. I would prefer a remake actually rather than a sequel because a sequel could just ruin what i think of FF7 whereas they'd have to work pretty hard to screw up a remake.
If it's done right though there's nothing i'd like more than to see a FFVII-2 released (i'd much rather have that then FFX-2 anyway)
Sun 07/09/03 at 14:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If they bring Aeris back I would personally firebomb Square HQ.
Sun 07/09/03 at 14:43
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
> In fact FF VII would, assuming they do it well, make me buy a PS2.
Sun 07/09/03 at 14:35
Regular
it would be good for a sequel maybe... or they could redo VII for Ps2 with enhancing the graphics up to IX's kind of style with maybe voice overs or would that ruin this masterpiece!?
Sun 07/09/03 at 10:47
Regular
"I'm Great."
Sephiroth only has one wing in Kingdom hearts and didn't that happen to him in FF VII?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.