GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Upgrading The C.P.U"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
I am planning to upgrade my P.C which I have had for years, i have looked though my specs and found i have a Jetway 663AS PRO motherboard and i wanted to know if anyone outthere can tell me what is the fastest C.P.U i can use with it, i have tried the jetway website but it tells me nothing, I found the other day that it was possible to use a A.M.D Duron 1.4 Ghz but i am not sure. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Sun 07/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
I am planning to upgrade my P.C which I have had for years, i have looked though my specs and found i have a Jetway 663AS PRO motherboard and i wanted to know if anyone outthere can tell me what is the fastest C.P.U i can use with it, i have tried the jetway website but it tells me nothing, I found the other day that it was possible to use a A.M.D Duron 1.4 Ghz but i am not sure. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Still got the motherboard manual?
Sun 07/09/03 at 17:38
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
Yes, it says "support AMD Duron 600-750MHz processor" it also says "Reserves support for future AMD Duron Processors, the computer at the moment is running a 800MHz Duron so it must run faster then 750MHz
Sun 07/09/03 at 18:48
Regular
put it this way, colonel. get a new motherboard.

some are as cheap as chips (joke intended) and they are much more up-to-date than the one you have. my Gigabyte KT400 is a neat thing and it was about 70 quid, and it can support Athlon XP's up to 3000+. now that's power. and as a side point it can take 3 DDR RAM up to 400mhz. though i don't know why because you need 3200+ to run it at 400mhz...or so i was told...
Mon 08/09/03 at 00:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmmm, never heard of Jetway, is your computer made by Tiny or Time?
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:57
"I love yo... lamp."
I have a Jetway, made by a local PC shop. When it says reserves future support it means that you have to download a BIOS update. I can understand your want to upgrade, after all you can pick up a 1300 Duron for about £25 where as a new motherboard and a new, even faster CPU is going to start getting expensive.

Can't remember the website address, do a search for jetway through google and you should probably find it. It has the BIOS updates and various other information.
Mon 08/09/03 at 10:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Web address is www.jetway.com.tw
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I have a Jetway, made by a local PC shop. When it says reserves future
> support it means that you have to download a BIOS update. I can
> understand your want to upgrade, after all you can pick up a 1300
> Duron for about £25 where as a new motherboard and a new, even
> faster CPU is going to start getting expensive.
>
> Can't remember the website address, do a search for jetway through
> google and you should probably find it. It has the BIOS updates and
> various other information.

Thanks Notorious Biggles, had a look at the web site on google and it has the info i need. What is the diffrence between the ultra and pro boards?
ah never mind cheers mate

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.