GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Bungie - WHY!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
Why did they release that 9 minute Halo 2 preview video - WHY.

Now i'm all excited for Halo 2 and it won't be out for a llooooonnnnggg time. BAH!

Ok - So I purchased OXM today (Boo! I hear Mav cry) but I had to for this video. My computer is just a load of boll-eck and could'nt run the video when it was released - I had to wait for OXM to get it.

And my god. It looks amazing. No actually - It looks exceptionally amazing. The graphics are fooking brilliant - The grunts are fooking brilliant - The marines are fooking brilliant - THE WEAPONS YOU GET TO SEE ARE FOOKING BRILLIANT.

Plasma grenades and double uzis and rockets on warthogs - God. Halo 2 looks amazing.

And those Brutes! Wow! They look and sound pure evil yet look so cool.

And don't you just love it where 'cheif punchs that elite out of the ghost and flys off?

I WANT HALO 2 NOW!

*dies*
Sat 13/09/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I wansn't entirely bowled over by the Halo 2 9 minute trailer, because it wasn't perfect.

Halo 2 must be perfect.
Fri 12/09/03 at 21:49
Heh same here, i have watched the video like 4-5 times now.

Just looks so great, and what i like about it is that they actually show you some game play, most videos only show you a movie that they have made.
Which normally does not look like the final game atall.

:D
Thu 11/09/03 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kaaaaayyy?!

Hehe.

From that vid I saw, Halo 2 looks pretty impressive, but apart from cosmetic improvments, such as being able to jump on a Ghost/thing from the front, the only really cool thing is the increase in friendlies. But that'll still be cool. AI Warthog drivers? So thats an on-rails bit is it? Joyous. Still, *might* be good, if they can give it any form of atmosphere or tension, or even excitment, unlike the first.

*plays AvP2 and laughs*

:P
Thu 11/09/03 at 10:30
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> *Drags Dringo away from Neighbours window*

No but seriously I do have Broadband... and I don't like online gaming...

Is that so hard to believe? If not I'll post this and quickly appear in another topic (this week I've been mostly playing) and post something in the same minute... kay?
Wed 10/09/03 at 19:12
Regular
Official Xbox Magazine.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:00
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
Can i just ask, what is OXM, it may sound stupid to some people but i don't know.
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:57
Regular
what's really good is there is an abundance of AI friendlies, unlike the original, where you had only a handful at any one time.

this means there is potential for huge battles, and some of those new covenant flying machines look quite formidable.

As always this game is best played in co-op, and it would be excellent if you could link two boxes together and play 4 player co-op (not 16 player that'd be daft).

I hope bungie doesn't disappoint, although I can't see any reason why they should. perhaps its time to get myself set up with LIVE!
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:53
Regular
"\\"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> well, just watched the trailer, very impressive.
>
> things I liked best :
>
> AI warthog drivers
> new warthog weapons
> ability to jump on moving vehicles and chuck out the drivers
> vast level with no slowdown.

You also forget the Covenant AI... did you see the formation on the jackals before they were squashed by the warthogs?

Oh... btw i just watched it... bloody great. I like the advances on the assault rifle... finaly a zoom option for it!

And it's set on Earth? Wow...
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:19
Regular
well, just watched the trailer, very impressive.

things I liked best :

AI warthog drivers
new warthog weapons
ability to jump on moving vehicles and chuck out the drivers
vast level with no slowdown.

great!
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:28
Regular
*Drags Dringo away from Neighbours window*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.