GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jedi Academy demo released"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy'.
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh yes.
Downloading, will play tonight after work and post thoughts of very importantness.

http://www.avault.com
Mon 08/09/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh yes.
Downloading, will play tonight after work and post thoughts of very importantness.

http://www.avault.com
Mon 08/09/03 at 11:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hmmm, it's OK, but I can't help but feel this is nothing more than Jedi Knight 2 but with a few improvements. The new lightsabres are nice, but other than that there's not much I can see has changed. Feels more like an expansion pack.
Mon 08/09/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I read the review on Gamesradar, and it seemed a bit of a disappointment. It's a shame as I liked Jedi Outcast, though I guess I'll give the demo a try eventually.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its a ok game. Have had it for a few weeks now but havent really played it. My friend has played it though and says its more of the same. Multi-player is good as you get to chose whether you have Dual, single or double ended light sabers. Also you get to have 2 different colours if you have Dual(personal favourite is Purple and Orange).
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:49
Regular
Tsk tsk tsk.
Tue 09/09/03 at 01:06
Regular
"Touched!"
Average game imo, only appeals to big SW fans or poeple who enjoyed outcast, Q3 engine is getting old..a new one with HL2 engine perhaps? mmm
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Oh yes.
> Downloading, will play tonight after work and post thoughts of very
> importantness.
>
> http://www.avault.com

Ok, but Jedi Knight 2 plus. The lightsabre is still by far the most overbalanced weapon in the game. I hardly ever swapped to the ranged weapons. Still, its quite fun.
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Pandemonium wrote:
> Ok, but Jedi Knight 2 plus.
--

Hurrah!
One can never have too much lightsabre death in his life.
Thought Jedi Knight 2 was very cool - once you got the lightsaber. Until then was yet another FPS but with stormtroopers.
Soon as I got my khaki-hands on that laser-truncheon?
Carnage you could not believe.
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Pandemonium wrote:
> Ok, but Jedi Knight 2 plus.
> --
>
> Hurrah!
> One can never have too much lightsabre death in his life.
> Thought Jedi Knight 2 was very cool - once you got the lightsaber.
> Until then was yet another FPS but with stormtroopers.
> Soon as I got my khaki-hands on that laser-truncheon?
> Carnage you could not believe.

One thing I do like in academy is the ability to select a single sabre, two sabres or a dual stylee ala Darth Maul.
The dualing mechanics change for each one.

Oh, the Force powers seem to be easier to use too (and more integral to the gameplay.)
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, new lightsabres are ace, and I love the duel sided one. Still won't be buying the game though, at least not until it's out on budget. It's an entertaining demo but too similar to Jedi Knight 2 to warrant me paying full price for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.