GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of duty"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty'.
Mon 08/09/03 at 18:09
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
Has anyone seen the PC game Call Of Duty. Well it is comming to the PS2 sometime in 2004 the pc game is very good so iam hopeing that the PS2 version is as good or better. I think it will be better the medal of honour, it seems to focus more on Band Of Brothers and not Saving Private Ryan so for anyone who like BoB it is a must.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:46
Regular
Quiet you.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
froots wrote:
> and I doubt everyone here has heard of it before.
>
> The only other people here are FFF, FM, and the guy who started the
> thread.
>
> So ha. Maybe.
> BAh.
>
> YOU ARE FORGIVEN, MY PET.

Ahhh, but what about the people who read the thread, but don't reply.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:18
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
can any 1 answer myu question about socom?? please
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:17
Regular
cipro wrote:
> froots wrote:
> Why tell us this?
> We/I knew already.
>
> and I doubt everyone here has heard of it before.

The only other people here are FFF, FM, and the guy who started the thread.

So ha. Maybe.
BAh.

YOU ARE FORGIVEN, MY PET.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
froots wrote:
> Why tell us this?
> We/I knew already.

Just thought I'd add more in depth info on the game, and I doubt everyone here has heard of it before.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:06
Regular
Why tell us this?
We/I knew already.

Points for effort though.
Tue 09/09/03 at 15:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Call of Duty is another WW2 game, albeit, one that looks set to wave it's two fingers up at Medal of Honour and claim it's place as best WW2 shooter out there.

I've played the demo on the PC and it's amazing, far more cinematic than all MOH games put together with a real sense of teamwork between you and your comrades. The demo has you charging through a blown up French town the night before the Normandy beach landings, clearing out machine gun nests and blowing up Anti-aircraft guns. Exciting all the way through.

The full version will be set across 4 campaigns, and you'll get to play as the Americans, British and Russians with the main goal being getting into the heart of Berlin. The game features much more team orientated game-play, and the full version also promises some battles will feature up to 300 troops on screen at one time. Don't think that'll work as well on the PS2, but it shouldn't really matter anyway.

Perhaps most exciting for me are the Stalingrad missions you'll get to play as Russians. Huge battles and an opening river crossing level that's reminiscent of the Film Enemy at the Gates. One I'll defiantly be getting when it's released, but it isn't out on consoles until early next year.

My advice is keep an eye on this one. Medal of Honour is a good game, but when Call of Duty comes out it may very well steal MOHs thunder.
Mon 08/09/03 at 23:18
"period drama"
I'd never heard of Fire Warrior before I saw the review.
Got well into the 90-percents.

tasty
Mon 08/09/03 at 23:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
One gamer said on another forum that Call of Duty was basically the first level of MOH:Frontline all the way through i.e. astonishingly immersive and good.

On the same forum another gamer said: "Not ANOTHER WWII FPS?? Haven't we got enough of these already?"

I tend to agree with both points. Which is why I'm looking forward to Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior. Same thing, different uniforms I guess.
Mon 08/09/03 at 19:32
"period drama"
Sadly, that's often the case.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.